1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

will the reporting system be like pshome?

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by StormEST_87, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

if the mods utilize chat log records for the incident that will prevent false reports to an extent. If everyone follows basic decorum and the code of conduct then there should be no worries about getting banned on Neotopia. It's like driving. If you are doing the right thing then you don't have to be nervous about the cop behind you, lol.

2. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

I have always been on the fence about the idea of requiring PS Plus to play Home. Granted, it would seriously curb a lot of bad behavior if moderation is heavy. I mean who wants their Plus account banned. Plus membership would cut back on multiple account creation.
    The other side of the fence is that a plus membership requirement would really limit the number of potential Neotopia citizens.
    Being that Neotopia is content supported I guess Plus is not a good requirement.

3. JR1

JR1 Plebian

This is why I suggested a 911 type deal. so we could call the neotopolice rather than waiting a week for a report to go thru. Also a neocop can see what's happening while it's happening.

4. RiffCalliope

RiffCalliope New In Town

Well there deffo needs to be some moderation. I don't mind if they are visible or invisible. Has anyone considered making a Moderator's station. A place that is manned by one or two people for a certain time frame? Then questions (which are not a bad thing) can be answered by someone. Even if he just linked up to an FAQ -you could walk up and type in a question and the FAQ could search a key word and give the asker an answer. If no FAQ keyword is found then the question gets routed to someone who messages the asker with an answer.

5. jorge197

jorge197 New In Town

There will be a hard core ignore function in place says Dave, http://www.mostvaluablepimps.com/app...-and-much-more
    PSN-Coca_real83
    Q. UncleSpun, how do you plan on dealing with virtual idiots?
    UncleSpun
    A. Our main answer to that is to have a hard core ignore function. If you set someone to ignore, they will disappear and for them you will disappear.

6. Conrad_Max

Conrad_Max New In Town

Having a 911 type of reporting will only cause more issues for Moderators. For many people, different issues may be considered a 911 problem. In that case, Moderators will be jumping around and be kept very busy. This could lead to Moderation retention issues.

I feel that Moderators should be visible or invisible as needed in order to perform their duties. But I also feel that they should review reports before deciding what action to take. But having a 911 type of deal will be more of a problem than a solution.

7. neocortex

neocortex neocortex Administrator Moderator Developer

It will essentially be a mix of the kudos system (users will be able to positively reward each other for being nice and also take that kudos away) and an ignore function, as well as some clever architecture which will mean that if you really don't get on with someone, you won't be put into an instance with them :)

Steven1230 likes this.
  8. StormEST_87

StormEST_87 New In Town

might sound crazy but i bet some ppl has called 911 on a another user lol on psh-_-

9. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Virtual hickory switches?

10. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

This would be clever indeed, but what if your friends are in the same instance as the person you 'blocked or ignored'? I already see issues with this idea and if no one likes you and they put you on ignore you may just end up having your own server :p

Seminole likes this.
  11. Brises

Brises New In Town

I'm pretty sure you will be able to go where friends are regardless of whoever else is there. Elder scrolls online does something similar, where it intuitively places you in instances with friends, people close to your own age, etc... I can't say how well it works since thy haven't released it for PS4 yet, and I don't play the PC version.

12. neocortex

Currently we're thinking that if you ignore someone it only lasts for that instance and again you basically take any kudos that you've given them back and disappear from one another's instance. If you repeatedly block or ignore someone then neotopia will recognise that and avoid putting you in an instance with them. The preferences for which instance you are put in will be built up over time but can be accessed by the user and tweaked.

13. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

This sounds good

Love Enchantress likes this.
  14. neocortex

Not quite, besides some people would probably enjoy that

15. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

What if you accidentally hit ignore on someone? Will there be a way to un ignore someone? Also there should be a way to hide people without actually ignoring them since you stated it will avoid putting you in the same instance as that person. Lot of people will look at that as a way of producing videos which will end up biting them in the butt sooner or later.

16. Homer

Homer Homer Sapiens

You'll be able 2 manage those settings :

17. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

Ahh did not see that thank you.

18. StormEST_87

StormEST_87 New In Town

to be very honest, I believe sony failed to protect all of us from hackers/freezers/etc. and now i'm happy to see ps home going to be dead and for some people protesting to get all money of psh store spendings lets face it it's already over LOL sony wins

19. StormEST_87

StormEST_87 New In Town

calling 911 ain't the way to go, not 911 for a virtual world it's better not to report someone on psh at somewhat ,because in my opinion it's better to leave space than to be stuck up angry for a long time