1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

When will Kickstarter and PayPal totals be added together?

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

Question for Mad Munki or anyone who has facts on this question.
    When can we expect to see how much was pledged via PayPal?
    When will the money be added to the Kickstarter total?

2. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

They don't know yet,
    The PayPal money doesn't contribute to the KickStarter they stated before, but I'm pretty sure they will add a way to use PayPal money (Hopefully they use the Idea i gave them). :D

3. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

they said they are trying to work on a way to add it. I mean if they don't then PayPal seems like a useless option. I am going to promote Kickstarter.

4. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Not really. They can attach it to a bank and use the credit card from that bank to give money to the KS, not hard.
    Besides PayPal many people use So it'll be a perfect plan to do.

5. Twiggy

Twiggy Squatter

I pledged with paypal, I would like to see this too.

6. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

yes, even if they could post a daily tally here in the forum for PayPal that would be a great start. We can do the math and spread the word. Better yet, post it on the website.
    I have a sneeking suspicion that the PayPal pledges are greater than the Kickstarter pledges.

7. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

I tried to donate with my Visa check card and Kickstarter wouldn't accept it. I had to use my regular credit card. Also, I read someplace that Mad Munki can not donate money to their own campaign via Kickstarter.Therefore, they can not withdraw the money from the PayPal account and spend it in Kickstarter. I hope there's a crafty loophole to get around that.

8. NeoTech

NeoTech Neotopia Tech. Staff Member Administrator Developer

Hello, the PayPal pledges sadly aren't close to the KS pledges. We could get one of us to make a pledge on KS matching PP, but at the moment, apart from bumping up the KS a little, there's no great gain in this.

This may be a disappointment, but the problems we've got are mostly to do with how many people we've been able to reach in just the 3 weeks following the announcement.

We assembled a team of people who could make the game, misunderstanding that first off it would be all about selling the idea. We're trying our best to deal with this, we eventually got mentioned on most of the big game sites, and managed to get items fast-tracked onto Home North America...

I'm can assure you that if we'd had time to plan this, everything would have been super-awesome.

P.S. We have failed to engage the interest of any accountants in this project prior to funding.

Seminole likes this.
  9. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

Awww NeoTech please keep your heads raised high and don't give up. Neotopia has potential and we have your continued support in the matter. Just continue to reach the goal you all had set for this month in hopes you will receive more recognition. You've done good so far. There's no turning back. I'm proud of you all for what you have already accomplished.

10. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

Dear Uncle Spun, this is your wonky niece Sky.

I echo what Seminole said! You actually have done an amazing and monumental amount of work within what some would call an impossible time frame. This is an example and testimate to your shear brilliance and commitment to the Virtual gaming community and I stand up and applaude you all for your efforts!
    Chin up mate, we are with you to the end even if we do grumble and whine a bit we love you.
    We still have time to see this turn around. If it doesn't then I will be ready to Support and pledge again at any given moment. You can count on me and I
    am sure I can say the same for the rest of us. that's what family does. We Neotopians are family now.

Seminole likes this.
  11. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

MY QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED :

ME: Neotopian_92914
    Oct 13, 2014

Q: I have a question if you don't mind?
    If PayPal pledges are not added into kickstart totals then how will this succeed? I read in the forum that if PayPal gets a huge donation we can still fail because it's not added to Kickstarter? is that true?

Mad Munki - neotopia
    Oct 17, 2014

A: That's correct Neotopian, we're encouraging everyone to pledge through Kickstarter but some people do not have a valid credit card for it so PayPal is the only option for them.

12. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

I am not going to promote PayPal option because if it doesn't count towards the goal or success of the campaign then it's not a valid option. People need to donate to Kickstarter period or this will fail.

13. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

If its not a valid option it shouldnt be an option

Seminole likes this.
  14. neocortex

neocortex neocortex Administrator Moderator Developer

It is a valid option insofar as some credit cards aren't supported by Kickstarter, however it's not a preferred option :)

Seminole likes this.
  15. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Im sure you understood what i meant when I said that :) Giving an option to donate with Pay Pal is fantastic if you can take those pledges and add them to the KS total, but if you cant then what is the point of offering that option?

16. BlueDahlia

BlueDahlia New In Town

If the total isn't reached during this month, can the Kick Started be started again at a later time? With the PayPal donations taken into consideration, the Kick Starter goal could be reduced accordingly, and then there shouldn't be a problem with the totals. :) I agree with a previous post though, I'd rather see a tally shown here in the forums or somewhere to see where the PayPal donations are at. I don't see what it would hurt, and maybe you'd get more support from users when they see how many are already backing your project.

TSUNADE1224 likes this.
  17. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Hello BlueDahlia, yes they stated that the might be looking at a plan B based on community feedback from everyone who wants to see neotopia become a reality and I think they are gonna take several things into consideration including Pay Pal donations to gage interest in the project besides the KS. They are also having a "likes" contest on FaceBook and that also can be used to gage interest from the community.

All we can do now is spread the good word about Neotopia to everyone and if they cant donate the minimum $1.65 then ask them to give likes to their FB contest or both lol. You can also make good use of these forums to ask questions and tell us about yourself ;)

18. neocortex

neocortex neocortex Administrator Moderator Developer

Apologies, I re-read my post and realised it wasn't very clear. Some people can't pledge via Kickstarter, because it won't support their credit cards. Therefore we offer PayPal as an alternative for people to pledge.