1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Vote for MODERATORS!

Discussion in 'Forum Archive' started by UncleSpun, Nov 7, 2014.

?

Hail neotopians! As we continue on up the road to neotopia we realize that it is time to set our ho

1. interceptor_maxx

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. XxguthiX

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Seminole

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Steven1230

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

Muah xXOo Gundy, ty :D

2. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

Awesome Enchantress, thank you so much for the kind words and I think you are awesome.
    I don't find you childish at all. It takes a pretty big adult to admit they were acting childish. We all have our leg kicking, foot stomping days, lol.

Peace, Love, and hugs to ya Sista ;D

3. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

I respect the opinion, thank you =)

4. Tubifex-90

Tubifex-90 Home Addict ^_^

I voted for Steven since I know him from another website for a long time and I believe he is a fair play. However I hope whoever makes it won't abuse their powers to ban people for Home related issues. But only use their powers for site related things. As I don't have the best reputation on Home for various reasons I'm sure there are some who would love to see me banned on here. xD

Actually I even hope they won't have the powers to permanent ban people. The past showed me these kind of powers usually get abused to much...

Steven1230 likes this.
  5. CrazieAnime

CrazieAnime New In Town

Good luck to everyone

6. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

The candidates chosen are more then appropriate for the job based on (1) situations that have already risen in these forums and how they handled it and (2) Their interactions with community members. Which is something a one question thread stickied to the top will not do.

These people should not have to campain to earn votes, if your not sure because you dont spend enough time in these forums to know a bit about them, then the obvious choice would be to look at post history in order to gage a candidate.

I am all for democracy, but as of late its looking more like micromanaging, voting for things like forums rules which is something that is required by law. Ya sure! lets leave it in the hands of the community to vote on allowing cursing lol. Anyways good luck to all of the candidates imo all are great choices and have demostrated their love and passion for neotopia whilst being proactive participants in the forums and with the community.

Congrats to all you all deserve it! :D

XxguthiX likes this.
  7. Lianara

Lianara Citizen

Thanks for replying sky and godess.
    I appreciate your input and i think it helped others to make a decision in the poll.
    For me personaly the poll is like, "yeah good that there is one, but does it really affect me?"
    I came to the conclusion that it doesn't.
    For the chosen one, I wish all best and a thick skin. As max stated in the other thread, being a forum mod is most likely the most unthankful job there is to have.

Cheers

8. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

Thank you CrazieAnime!

9. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

Thank you TSUNADE for your kind words and comments.

I agree with you on your point that one question doesn't make for a thorough example of such a complex responsibility but I do think it shed some light on how each candidate would approach the position.

Also, yes those who really have an interest in voting should look into all the candidates and their post history.

I feel if both the Scenario question and researching posts were used together one could get a more well rounded idea of who they might like for the job.

What do you think? :)

Seminole likes this.
  10. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

Can you link a source of some kind that states forum rules are required by law?

Im not arguing your statements...but I have never heard of this. I even did a Google search (because I always like to fact-check things I am unfamiliar with) and no matter what I typed in, or combination of words...I could not find anything, that reinforced this statement that forum rules are required by law.

And this is good to know, cuz if I ever get into web design and decide to create my own forum in the future....I'd like to know if I am bound by any kind of law, both federal and state...that requires me to establish a set of forum rules.

Just a link to a source would do nicely. ^_^

11. IzyWizzy

IzyWizzy Outsite the Box

Money should never be a reason for a position. Ppl who have enough money will not cry when they loose it, so its wrong to put in a meaning like that. Such Decisions should be done always without a view of materials.

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO likes this.
  12. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

When you put that much money into a kickstarter, then it means you are putting hopes and trust into the project. By putting trust, you get trust - at least from me.

Overall shes/hes pretty active, however i do dislike the thing that they have community moderators incase they get alot of power. Would end up getting corrupt; just like the community you are admin on :p

13. IzyWizzy

IzyWizzy Outsite the Box

This was only an opinion to a vote for a moderator. So i pretty dont know why you try to attack me here with things wich has nothing to do with that post?

14. NissaRaven

NissaRaven Squatter

Agreed Izy a choice should be made on how active they have been and their actual input into the forums, as I know there were at least 4 pledges of 5,000 the amount you pledged should not even enter into it as a factor when it comes to choosing a forum moderator.

15. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

Albo, I will say you voted for an outstanding candidate but keep in mind that everyone has a different budget and we donate what we are all comfortable with within our budget.

Some members simply didn't have money to spare at all.

I have witnessed awesome support and dedication from people who have pledged little or no money and it's that strong dedication to Neotopia that enabled them to bring people in who could pledge :)

As far as your concerns regarding moderators becoming tarnished here, please keep in mind that none of the candidates are the people you encountered in other forums as mods.

We are all different people and all the candidates have shown a strong commitment to Mad Munki, Neotopia and this community.

I can assure you that you will not see the issues you have encountered in other forums.

Moderation is necessary and it is truly a good thing in the right hands.

In my opinion, all the candidates have the right hands. Just give us a chance to show you and put aside your previous impressions and I am confident you will be pleased with the outcome and you will be able to better enjoy participating in the Neotopia forum since it will be moderated properly. :)

Seminole likes this.
  16. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

According to her, herself "A​dministrative positions with IT corporations. I also have been owner/administrator of Chatspace & UnrealIRC chat servers". That gave me yet another reason to vote her.

I simply said that because she put that much trust into the community already - i don't see why not her? I only know her, nobody else here so my vote went straight to her. Stop hanging up in one single quote "cus she donated" that's wrong. :) I explained why, and that's my reason. Don't tell me if you don't agree, it wont change my opinion lol

"Know her defination": I've seen her active around the forums posting regulary, taking this project more serious than anyone else I've seen here. Also able to invest money, which I have seen. I agree money shouldn't buy you positions, and it's not doing so. You guys are just hanging up on the wrong part of my sentence. I have no idea why, jealousy perhaps?

I'll end it here, my vote will stick and not be changed. Shes going to win, yay.

Seminole and TSUNADE1224 like this.
  17. ASapMarkz

ASapMarkz New In Town

ALL OF THEM :)

18. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

Closing thread as the voting poll for moderator has ended. Thank you to all who particiated.

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO likes this.