1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Virtual Garbage Disposal

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by NahumSuperSaiyan2, Sep 30, 2014.

1. NahumSuperSaiyan2

NahumSuperSaiyan2 New In Town

I was thinking Neotopia should have Virtual Garbage Disposals if or when Neotopia does become a reality where people can throw away any virtual items that they don't want anymore so it can help prevent long login load times and unwanted clutter. On Home they have the Storage where people can store up to 500 items on here but the Storage can eventually be full if a person is an active HOME user and gets alot of free virtual items which makes the Storage not very helpful. There are plenty of useless free virtual items including clothing on Home i don't want anymore but i can't delete any of them. If we can't get the feature to throw away any of our virtual items then i would suggest the ability to trade or give any virtual items to our friends.

NeoHelper and Love Enchantress like this.
  2. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Why do that, instead you can exchange them for neopotia bits (In game currency). Although I agree with the trade system also

NeoHelper likes this.
  3. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

I rather folders in which we can source are inventory

NeoHelper likes this.
  4. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

How about instead on throwing them away you can have like viritual garage sale or an auction. Just an idea to throw out there.

[HR][/HR] [HR][/HR] [HR][/HR] [HR][/HR]

Attached Files:

NeoHelper likes this.
  5. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Risk of scam =\

6. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

OO that is true guthi -_____-

Attached Files:

NeoHelper likes this.
  7. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

But that is the beauty of the reporting system I mentioned a couple days ago. Where they can have a TopiaJail for those who break the rules on the game. lololol

Attached Files:

NeoHelper likes this.
  8. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Oh yeah, woops! -herp derp moment- =P

NeoHelper likes this.
  9. Tallcaligirl_63

Tallcaligirl_63 Squatter

I definitely always wanted a garbage can. We always went & played games,received items we didn't want later because we purchased new & better items.

10. d1s1p1

d1s1p1 New In Town

A place to sell back items would be great!

NeoHelper likes this.
  11. AkiraMoon

AkiraMoon New In Town

If they are doing the whole in game currency thing then I say also have an auction house to buy/trade and also let users create their own bazaar.

NeoHelper likes this.
  12. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

OMG! that would be brilliant! I have a new idea! :D

13. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

I love this idea! PSH never gave us this option. We could only gift and not give items we already owned.

14. Strong Lover

Strong Lover Plebian

It is possible to have code removed from one user and transferred to another, thus "giving" the item away. Otherwise code for items matching a given user could sit on a secondary server, where the item could be recovered from a separate database, that would cost more so it may be awhile before that is implemented. Actual deletion of unwanted items is reasonable, but then if a person accidentally deletes something they want it could cause a problem. People make mistakes. A delayed cycle over several days for deletion, before it is permanent may solve that problem. It is a very good idea, but there are a lot of factors involved behind the scenes so it may take awhile.

15. Strong Lover

Strong Lover Plebian

Auction is a great idea.

16. Strong Lover

Strong Lover Plebian

Trading items back for the in-game currency would be a simple solution. So even if a person gets rid of something by mistake or thinks they want it back later, at least they got something for it when they did get rid of it. The value of the item would go down over time or could be based off of demand if an actual barter system is implemented. Best to keep it simple for awhile, the more complicated you make such things the more difficult it will be to handle everything else at start-up. Simple is best in the beginning, but not so simple that it takes 2 years to evolve past a community theater, bowling alley and mall.

17. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

I would hate to delete something by mistake! ahh lol

18. Love Enchantress

Love Enchantress My love is forever...

Neotopians

You need to keep things more simple when describing them sweetie! I almost couldn't understand what you were writing there! You made your post complicated!

19. Love Enchantress

Neotopians

Yeah that would suck, wouldn't it?

20. Love Enchantress

Neotopians

If we buy it for like 100 coins, we should be able to sell it back for at least 50 coins within a certain amount of time. If its a reward, we should have the option of giving it away or deleting it, n give people a few days to recover deleted stuff. In case you delete stuff by mistake!

NeoHelper likes this.