1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Travelling in Neotopia

Discussion in 'Public & Private Spaces' started by Clarky, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

I think it's is important to make the Neotopian world as realistic as possible. This means that teleporting from place to place using a navigation system shouldn't be featured in the game.
    Instead, there should be many ways for players to travel around the world. Some of these should include:

- On land travel such as trains (with train stations), bicycles, skateboards, scooters, etc.
    - Air travel such as planes (with airports), helicopters, etc.
    - Water travel such as boats to locate to different islands, submarines to travel to underwater cities, etc.

All of these ways of travel will be fully controllable by the players except air travel, these will be controlled by AI to avoid them being crashed intentionally into crowds of people (would be funny, but no.)
    I would love the virtual world to be seamless as possible with everything connected in some way or another and I think these travelling methods will make that work. Let me know what you guys think!

2. Mar

Mar Squatter

Yup! That's a thing that they have to work in, no doubt.
    I'm seeing good suggestions here!!

3. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

I think teleporting would be an epic way, with a good teleporting animation :rolleyes:

4. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

I think it would be interesting to see how NeoTopia team approaches the traveling on this platform. I believe instead of loading into someone elses private space; driving or teleporting would be really fun. I think a park within the game where you can go jogging with your friends would be fun to do as well when it comes to traveling.

5. AustinNSx

AustinNSx New In Town

Great idea. :)

6. MIKEYSEVEN

MIKEYSEVEN Squatter

Yeah the traveling is a must, you guys need to make this game epic and like my friend xDaMoonmanx sed maybe jog lol

7. Greenshade

Greenshade Neotopian

Yes I thought about this on PSH too. It would definitely make it feel more connected but maybe make it optional (have teleport too). I'd love to catch the NeoTube to go shopping and come back on the bus or taxi with shopping bags xD

XxguthiX likes this.
  8. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Haha! Neotube, that's an awesome name for a train station of some sort lol

9. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

Okay a further improved idea! How about: you start off in the main central plaza with nothing on the map apart from the place you're in.. and when you discover new places in the world they become available on the map to teleport to. This will allow players to experience the travelling within the game as well as give them the option to teleport to the places they've discovered.

XxguthiX likes this.
  10. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

That's a really cool Idea, Clarky

11. Love Enchantress

Love Enchantress My love is forever...

Neotopians

Lakes, rivers and all that would be beautiful. I hope we have a lot of that! n yeah I don't like having to use a navigator for everything! Maybe rivers that travel through caves too? Like to reach different areas?

12. meekgeek93

meekgeek93 New In Town

Remember when the Playground first came out?

You could go down into what looked like the entrance of a Subway to get there.

I understand that the team will need to keep it relatively simple but I agree with having all the spaces connected in some way. Maybe adding a Skyway, Subway station, Bus terminal, Or idk like maybe a monorail? Or just having a gateway from one space to the next so you could just keep running as far as you want?

Darwin Merlotte likes this.
  13. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

Tech they could do this. You mentioned a train. could get on a train travel a ways then enter a tunnel that gets dark (which would be the load screen) then you appear back on the train headed into the station or at the station getting off the train. Just a thought.

14. Greenshade

Greenshade Neotopian

Nice idea Steven. I wonder how much loading times will be improved on PS4? Not that they were that bad on PS3.

15. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

yeah exactly that! it would seem so much more realistic if everything was connected and personally i would enjoy it so much more! these are all good ideas :D

16. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

I don't think it would need a load screen to transition to other areas if im honest.. GTA5 was one big open world on the ps3 and there were no load screens when playing, along with RDR and even The Simpsons Hit and Run on PS2!

A train system or boat system would be very fun to travel to new areas imo

17. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I love the idea of various ways to travel. It would allow you to interact more. Maybe allow your friends to ride in the car (transportation of choice) with you and so forth.

18. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

That sounds lovely to me.

19. PYAWAKITT

PYAWAKITT New In Town

Hey, this is a fabulous idea for traveling to different spaces!
    Would be cool to be with a group of friends and instead of each of us poofing to get to another space, we all pile into a great big yellow taxi cab to get to the "downtown" night spot we are all heading to.
    Maybe we could go on a carriage ride around the park in the evening and enjoy the views, and passing by other avatars.
    There are endless possibilities and would make it so much more fun!

20. Dodos622

Dodos622 New In Town

What about stalkers? In Home you could simply jump to a private space and then go back, 9 of the 10 times you got rid of the stalkers, now if you have to travel, you need to outrun them. Not easy if they have faster transport. I think use travel as a extra feature, not main feature