1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Too early?

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Clarky, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

I just read that Neotopia will have an available Beta in March/April 2015 but in my opinion I think that's a bit too early? Since most big games such as GTA, Destiny take many years to develop, that is a big factor towards their success. Now unless Neotopia has been under development for a long time (which I doubt since there was no gameplay being shown on their introduction video), then surely it is better to keep the crowd waiting for the best possible product instead of rushing to release it and having many people disappointed.. I'd prefer to wait longer than be disappointed. Just my opinion anyway!

2. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Where did you find this out?

3. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Yes where did you see this I hope it true tho It it going to be so soon

4. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

I'm pretty sure I read it on this forum, not sure where though, I don't know how true it is either..

5. Mar

Mar Squatter

Agreed, but.. you don't know what will happen until then, so you don't know if it's too early or not. 5/6 months of development is a lot in my opinion.

6. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Imo, sooner the better, we'd be able to experience it for the first time, that's fun!

7. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

I honestly don't think there will be a beta if the game wasn't made or is barely half way made. :/

8. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

Is 5/6 months enough time to make a massive online world with many cities, mini-games and overall features? I don't think so

9. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Can start out with a few and always add more just like every MMO's does and even home did

10. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

Yeah I understand that but surely people will get bored very fast playing a game with 2/3 different spaces.. they should perfect the game in every aspect before it's official release imo

11. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

VickyYoshikawa likes this.
  12. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

I believe Vicky is right, if Neocortex's statement is anything to go by. Sounds like they plan to develop the basics first, start off small with limited content...and expand upon the foundation, afterwards. Basically just like Home was, right after launch. If anyone was around back then to remember the first few weeks of Home, after launch....there were only a handful of spaces you could go to...and a limited amount of things you could do. It started small....and grew to the megatropolis we know it as, today. If I had to guess...Neotopia will launch in roughly the same manner.

13. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

Unless the core of this is already done and sitting on a hard drive somewhere....I think 6 months would be a miracle. In addition to all the tech stuff, they will have all the legal hassles to deal with for inclusion on PS4 and different national privacy laws and all that fine print stuff. Lawyers are by no means quick. On the other hand, I would like to see some solid demo videos inside that 6 month window before Home goes belly up. That's when the iron will be hot and needs to be struck to keep people interested in a virtual world for PS.

14. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

I remember when home was 3 space did a little trick to get into playstation home with the devs It had the hud theather and the summer apt and that was it. Still was fun to talk to people and hang out

15. Gundyrat

Gundyrat Squatter

lol I remember back in closed beta we had open chat I'm glad they disabled that to meet the ratings, but anyways we have very little to do but visit and on launch day wow were did that plaza go think the beta was more about server loading that actually finding faults because obviously the dev's were busy bees in the background creating a whole new home we had not tested in.

16. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Oh boy the open mic in public space in the beta was quite crazy. I miss the two dances they took out that where really motion captured and they keep the lazy non motion capture dances was quited weird indeed

17. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

There is a lot of flaws that come with a closed beta. 1) the detail will not suffice your potential for the game since it will be in early development. 2) It may not have th HQ that you are looking for at first, but patience is a virtue.3) There may be some bugs, but you never know since we are running off of the PS4 whos ram is crazy. So in the end don't focus on the negative,but be grateful and hope for the best. It will come.

[​IMG]

18. neocortex

neocortex neocortex Administrator Moderator Developer

It's an estimate but our plan for the development of neotopia is to launch with the essential features and then continue to build in additional features and content. It's not the same as a console title for example where it gets released, there might be some DLC but that's basically it, neotopia will constantly grow and develop.

19. halo_nothing

halo_nothing New In Town

Well, it's gotta start somewhere. I'm confident the dev team knows what they're doing.

20. Strong Lover

Strong Lover Plebian

"Constantly grow and develop", those are good words to hear. Could you imagine a stagnant world from a disc that does not ever expand, for this? The last thing people want is another limited trophy collection of grinding games, people want a virtual world that is fun, creative and new over time.

Love Enchantress likes this.