1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

The World

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Clarky, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

I am very curious, will the Neotopia world will be split up into different sections or will everything will be connected?
    Personally, I think that it will make the game a whole lot realistic if everything was connected and you could get to any space or zone without using a navigator to get there.
    Like I mentioned before, with the helps of a train concept, and air travel such as planes, I think this will make the game much more enjoyable to play.
    What do you guys think?

2. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

We have no idea what to expect what Neotopia will look like, though through beta's we will get to see it! =)

3. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

Yeah I know, it was kind of a question to the developers, as well as suggesting a few things, what would you prefer though?

4. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

A realistic world, yet a bit of fantasy would be nice too I suppose, though I think it should be split up to spaces. The way I'd love to travel also to these spaces would be teleporting as I said in a previous post about travelling around Neotopia.

5. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

Yes I agree with the realism side of things, I will definitely put off by the game if there's a cartoon feel to it.. and teleporting would definitely be more efficient, but I don't know how I feel about it considering I want the game to be realistic. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!;)

XxguthiX likes this.
  6. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Most definite

7. neocortex

neocortex neocortex Administrator Moderator Developer

Hi guys, we've had a lot of thoughts about user experience, basically we want to try and make sure people get can from A to B as quickly and seamlessly as possible, more thoughts on this to come.

Love Enchantress and XxguthiX like this.
  8. sorrow-US

sorrow-US New In Town

imo an open world with differents area connected between them by path, roads, steam,railroads or whatever you want with the possibility for users to directly skip by direct teleportation (like in GTA/skyrim)
    Free realm had an amazing open world and i think it's what home users ever dream of! (an it appeal to "gamerz")!

9. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Free realm..ehhhhhhhhhhhh I just don't know

10. sorrow-US

sorrow-US New In Town

[video=youtube;HCupJTFm3-4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCupJTFm3-4[/video]

[video=youtube;SdaALs3Nu9Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdaALs3Nu9Q[/video]

11. sorrow-US

sorrow-US New In Town

this world is just AMAZING! :

[video=youtube;ODD790bO2VU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODD790bO2VU[/video]

XxguthiX likes this.
  12. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

JP games always have the best graphics =D

13. sorrow-US

sorrow-US New In Town

ouch.... it's korean^^

14. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

I personally love the worlds coming together and being seperated into zones.

[HR][/HR] [HR][/HR] [HR][/HR] [HR][/HR]

Attached Files:

15. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Hopefully they can have regions and we can buy tickets to go to each region and fly in a plane with other people lol that would jus be amazing

16. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

After some consideration...Im thinking it would be best to cut out navigator traveling and just make traveling from point A to point B one whole seamless transition. No loading screens. No splash screens. No downloading a space just to get there. That's Home's thing....and I think we can do better than that. Hellfire Games looks like theyre creating a mash-up of GTA and Home. A city where you can drive around in cars and meet up at various locations. That's their thing. I think for Neotopia, we just need one huge landscape, divided into sections or zones...where you can cross over from a park setting....to a shopping center, just by walking there. Im anxious to see what the devs come up with and what makes it into the Beta platform. ^_^

17. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

That would be amazing, to get somewhere by walking/ running maybe even driving there like on GTA. Have friends sit in my car with me. :)

18. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Haha buying a car etc

19. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

To be honest, I think cars are too complex since people will just drive into everything, also, making a whole road system will take forever and won't really add to the 'social' side of the game. However, anything else like bikes, skateboards, hoverboards, you name it, to get around the world will be enough in my eyes!

20. Vex

Vex New In Town

While I can understand the desire to have seamless transitions from location to location...I have not so fond memories of doing a lot of running around, for what seemed like hours, in certain games where no fast travel was available....and even in some, where it was.
    This would require the world, itself, to be a lot smaller, if you don't want to spend 20+ minutes running everywhere...and none of us want anything smaller, do we?
    I am all for having it open world, but with an option to fast travel.
    I am also one of the few people who had no real gripes about having to download an area, even multiple times, if it updates....because those load screens give me a chance to get up and grab a snack and a drink, or whatever.
    Now load times, however...I would definitely like to see improved, although I think the console difference will probably solve a lot of that, from the outset.
    Regardless of what decisions are made here...it's not going to stop me from giving it every shot it deserves.
    Awesome times are right around the corner.