1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

The Road Ahead - Ask away!

Discussion in 'General' started by UncleSpun, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleSpun

UncleSpun Developer Staff Member Administrator Developer

Fellow neotopians! Hail!

So we just pulled the Kickstarter and posted on the blog, fb and elsewhere as you have no doubt seen - but worry not, we are very far from giving up! I just wanted to create a thread where you can address us directly about what happens now/suggestions/comments on the journey so far etc. I have barely had a chance to look at the forums this past week, or even really check messages sent directly to me, so to the greatest degree possible I will keep checking & posting on this thread over the weekend - but right now I'm off to the pub! Thanks so much for all of your support & have an awesome Halloween!

Dave /UncleSpun /NeotopiaDave /madmunkid

2. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

I think the plan B with finding a huge sponsor to sponsor Neotopia with alot of funding would be great!
    So far what the community has done was remarkable, and I am proud to be a part of this amazing community. :)

I'd just like to thank everyone for helping this project and I sure know this is far from over, I'll be with Neotopia til the end if it takes, and I hope to see others
    feel the same way, looking forward for the future and looking forward to see Neotopia become a reality. :)

My Idea for next time:
    • Spread the word as much as possible on all games, platforms, etc...
    • extend the date for the KS (If we plan to do this again)
    • make a nice presentation, don't just give up MadMunkie make a video of nice scenery, fully built avatar with some of the features not all.
    • Make more things to make it more want-able
    • maybe edit a bit the forum to make it more apealable? like make it a Neotopia theme not the default VBulletin theme.
    • have both a female and avi already made picture sitting down on that chair that unreal tech had in your video...
    I don't know everything was great, but many people didn't trust it so that was the debate/con... :(

#Neotopia #Til #The #End!

Here's the link to the Neotopia post on the plan if anyone has not yet seen it:
    http://neotopia.co/wordpress/?p=236

UncleSpun and Seminole like this.
  3. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Happy Halloweeen and noticed lol

UncleSpun likes this.
  4. Twiggy

Twiggy Squatter

Thanks for posting, looking forward to hearing any plans for the future.

UncleSpun likes this.
  5. PSX4-ONE

PSX4-ONE Squatter

Damn...well, I'm still looking forward to embrace tomorrow!

UncleSpun likes this.
  6. Trigga_Trill24

Trigga_Trill24 New In Town

im embracing tomorrow neotopia lives on....hope to hear something soon

UncleSpun likes this.
  7. GreyNeo

GreyNeo Neotopia Community Manager Staff Member Administrator

I think the blog post says it all. We're not giving up, so you don't give up either!

Thank you very much for all your hard work and efforts. I appreciate it. Very much looking forward to the neotopia hub apartment!

Have a Safe & Happy Halloween All! =^)

(Enjoy your pub visit, Uncle Spun! My friend... You deserve it! Toss back a Guinness for me!)

UncleSpun likes this.
  8. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

Just off the top of my head.....

1. Crowd sourcing is not going to get neotopia all it needs. You will need some sort of other investment, supplemented by another KS campaign perhaps.

2. You will need to up the pledge rewards. All the items mentioned, apartments, statues, benches etc....that's all nice, but next time....all pledges should be converted to neotopia currency. Someone who pledges $100....gets that much in Neotopia currency when the place opens. Philanthropists? Hell....they should get whatever they want for the life of neotopia for free. :D

3. I expect the other Home devs will also have trouble.....misery loves company. Keep talking with them and maybe put together "Neotopia: The Home Sequel"

Seminole and Shadow-Runner like this.
  9. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

From the Blog......(hint...a neotopia apartment in Home)

[​IMG]

10. Darwin Merlotte

Darwin Merlotte New In Town

I look forward to the future of
    Neotopia. And i cant wait for the Neotopia hub apartment on home it'll be awesome!!! Enjoy your pub visit dave :) peace dude!

UncleSpun likes this.
  11. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

Oddly.....and honestly....I have to say....

I actually have more confidence in the project now than I did with just the Kickstarter. Weird....huh?

I just think that so much was learned and some of the basic tasks (like explaining Kickstarter to people and getting out the word) have now been already done. At least to those where it matters. The others still have their panties in a bunch that anyone would try to replace Home....and we will never get those people anyway.

PSX4-ONE, UncleSpun and TSUNADE1224 like this.
  12. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

Dave you and all the team deserve a night at the pub for sure! Go tip back a pint and don't worry because we are Not tipping our hats goodbye.

I am sure I can speak for all of us and say that we appreciate your candid honesty and endless hard work!

One fall doesn't keep us off the horse! I am ready to get back on and ride into Neotopia with you and all the wonderful supporters and friends I have made!

I had no plans to make another purchase on Home but I am definitely getting this Hub space as soon as it hits the shelf!

My pledge may be refunded but it will stay available if you ask again.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving us a chance to be part of creating a future place to continue or virtual friendships and adventures.

I look forward to reading future posts on the progress and direction you plan to take this project.

Cheers Mad Munki!

PSX4-ONE and UncleSpun like this.
  13. DARKFIRE007

DARKFIRE007 New In Town

Well I can promise you this...It will be the last purchase I ever make on home. The apartment sounds cool, lets just hope it is not all we will ever see of Neotopia. I stand ready to make my same benefactor pledge in the event of another campaign, I still believe in this project.

UncleSpun likes this.
  14. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

I posted this in another part of the forum but I want to make sure you see my idea Dave so here goes, happy reading!

I would like to see another Kickstarter campaign
    launched 2 months before Home closes.

I would like a Public Neotopia space on PS3 were people can see the finished media and have a mini game to play that would give them reward credits if they pledge Neotopia.

I would like to see wallpaper themes for the PS4 2.O update in November. This will help grab PS4 gamer interest.

You should also consider making a small mini game for free DL on PS4 and PS3 even if it's like a saucer pop type game. Simple, addictive and screams Neotopia related stuff along with reward credits to be claimed in Neotopia and maybe if possible a link to click on in game to pledge.

I would like to see the Neotopia website reflect accurate running totals of both pledge methods (PayPal and Kickstarter).

This can be successful if we can bomb every place and everyone with great videos and pictures.

Neotopia has my backing now and always.
    Let's regroup, dust each other off and get back to work starting today!

UncleSpun and VickyYoshikawa like this.
  15. Ollinwyl

Ollinwyl Chrysalis

Thanks, UncleSpun. I'm with Madmunki and Neotopia and saving up those pounds to repledge. Cheers :)

UncleSpun likes this.
  16. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

Ready to re-pledge or so whatever it takes to get Neotopia done! We could make DX the official mascot of Neotopia. :) Gotta love the giant fluffy outfit. :cool:

UncleSpun likes this.
  17. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Haymaker Snoopy-Panda New In Town

UncleSpun/Dave and friends, thanks so much for the effort in the Kickstarter! So glad that you guys are looking to other avenues!

I say that you need to get another dev to jump on board, at least one since a lot of them are going different routes. Codeglue, Granzella, Engine Giant (I believe they are a Konami company) could be options. If Granzella could re-create Edo in Neotopia then that would be sick!

Crowd funding is risky but at the same time, crowd funding is good because it's community focused. However, I think there definitely needs to be some extra money source from another dev, or sponsor, etc.

Also, should be cool to check out the Neotopia hub space in Home!

Keep it up guys! :)

UncleSpun likes this.
  18. Carla Birch

Carla Birch Squatter

The problem with number 2 is, neotopia would need a working income once its open and most of that would come from items being sold, so madmunki would basically be returning the money to people, money thats needed to running costs and making new stuff.

19. Head-on_Straight

Head-on_Straight New In Town

Thank you and you can count me in again for any future support needed! I look forward to the future and I will RAISE my pledge if and when given the chance. Thanks again. As Home draws to a close more people will regret not investing in Neotopia and will step up and pledge. The good thing of all this is people are now becoming aware of Neotopia AND how kickstarter works. Next time will be different!

UncleSpun likes this.
  20. Head-on_Straight

Head-on_Straight New In Town

The Neotopia space will be my last home purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.