1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

The Neotopia items are here!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by xDaMoOnMaNx, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Spike

Spike New In Town

The month is half over and you hardly made a dent. Sorry to sound so rude but being one of the people that was directed to come her, take a look at it from where I'm standing.Looks poor.

2. NissaRaven

NissaRaven Squatter

Sorry to say but lot of people including myself haven't actually been paid yet :( I want a badge lol The main point to remember is that you aren't losing anything if the kickstarter campaign doesn't reach it's goal you get your money refunded. But as I said before a lot of people such as myself get paid on a monthly basis so you can't judge the project by just looking at members without badges, yes the kickstarter pledges are a little slow but the people here who believe in it have not given up... because you never know what might happen next ;)

3. Twiggy

Twiggy Squatter

I donated via paypal, it doesn't show up and i'm sure there are others here in the same situation.I'm sure there are people on here who haven't donated but its not as simple as that and those paypal donations have yet to be added to the total I think.In reality things are a little better than they seem but far from brilliant I agree.....

4. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

I'll forgive the rudeness....

A couple items. The badges are always behind schedule. They are not directly linked to Kickstarter. Someone who pledges has to to contact the Devs and let them know what tier they pledged and then that information needs to get passed on to the forum admins who make the changes to accounts. Then the badges appear. Considering timezones and admins online timing...this could be a little while. Second, the forum is free to join and very easy to do. The vast majority of people who joined were just curious. Every forum on the net has a huge share of dead wood. If you look at the active members, you will see most are backers....or at least involved in getting out the word.

You are correct that the numbers do not look good....not good at all. That doesn't mean it's not a good idea and something worth trying for. The Devs set up a Kickstarter campaign that would insure success of the project....not the success of the campaign. They could have set up a 100,000 goal and made it...then not have enough money to do the project. Everyone loses. The high goal means backers are less likely to lose their money....thus the "all or nothing" nature of this campaign.

neocortex likes this.
  5. Spike

Spike New In Town

thanks all of you. Good point about people's pay schedule. I didn't stop to think of that.

6. NissaRaven

NissaRaven Squatter

You're welcome Spike and welcome to the forums.

7. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Haymaker Snoopy-Panda New In Town

Yup! Noticed that too Raven! This is something I have personally been BEGGING for because to have Neotopia front and center like that is huge!

I still honestly feel doubtful that the project will reach its goal but this is a nice step forward! I had a couple of people ask about the sandwich board like "Neotopia? Where'd you get that?" ;)

8. Vex

Vex New In Town

Saw you with the flag raised in Acorn...kudos.

To somewhat tangent comment...
    I have a feeling a lot of people are waiting til more toward the end of October, to donate...to see how far the total has made it...which is what I am doing.
    I have every intention of supporting Neotopia, and I have been promoting it since day 1 of hearing about it...but my limited income and past experiences dictate that I be cautiously optimistic rather than go balls-out crazy..
    Fact is, WHEN someone donates is not really a factor...as long as they do it.

As an aside...and I know this will never happen, but...I truly think that on the final day of the Kickstarter's lifespan...Sony should kick in whatever is remaining, as a sort of gift to the future Neotopians, and an apology for running things the way they have for the last few years.
    Maybe someone there with a heart, will see this and make it happen. :p

9. neocortex

neocortex neocortex Administrator Moderator Developer

Welcome to the forums Spike, we do have a way to go but every little bit helps and if we don't make the target, you keep your money