1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Suggestion for the main Plaza.

Discussion in 'Public & Private Spaces' started by xDaMoOnMaNx, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO sky

However, I hope to see new and fresh concepts created. I for one don't want to see copies of spaces that were on Home. I will keep my Home memories in my treasure box as I move on to the new era.

JasonReso, xDaMoOnMaNx and NeoHelper like this.
  2. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

The idea of a open area for the hub. that is on a grander scale than normal is a great idea. It would allow us not to feel as cramped and limited as the Home Hub made us feel and having the hub a region free zone would be amazing. They could do that by not having any stores in there. That is another thing. I hope they do not add stores to the hub as it kills the point of the hub. Place a mall like in the old days of Home and leave the stores in there.

xDaMoOnMaNx likes this.
  3. meekgeek93

meekgeek93 New In Town

The Main Plaza should have something for everyone and, Like Central Plaza, Be constantly changing with the seasons, festivities, and even Premium Game Releases,
    Having a Dance Floor in the Main Plaza would be a great idea. Even being able to vote on music selection like Central Plaza. I can't tell you how many times I heard "Chain Swing". It made me so mad but they were still good memories and attracted alot of people. The Bench Glitch did attract a lot of people, And I agree that it was probably because you werent supposed to do it. Adding in a little something like that definitly would not hurt ;)
    Water Features are always popular. People love to swim or fish or boat or just sit by the water. It adds a nice atmosphere and would be a great addition. Maybe even making like a small pool with a Water Slide. Or even a Tarzan Swing into a pond.

I know making things look "Furturistic" or whatever they are calling it now is supposed to be the new thing, but no one likes change. Keep it simple and I promise "If you build it, they will come.." Lol, yeah, I went there xD

4. Un0-0n3unique

Un0-0n3unique Active Member

I hoping for big plaza I don't want the Neotopia plaza to end up like the hub in playstation home :banghead: I want a nice modern-ish plaza the old plaza in playstation home is good but it need to be bigger or expanded :thumbsup:

Yeah I know this is too detailed to make but I want a really good atmosphere to make the plaza more attractive and more comfortable and suitable maybe we could make a interactive sale assistant so you walk up to the retailer pay or ask question for the outfit with your Neotopia currency or free clothes to celebrate Neotopia grand opening you have different variety of outfit such as Asian culture clothes American culture clothes Japanese Korean South Asian culture clothes or European Cuisine and you can try sampling some clothes in the interactive fitting room

Anyway for the plaza I would like a central plaza with the same atmosphere as the mall too here are another example
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The thread shop is differently a nice design for Neotopia clothing shop like Neotopia made clothes not third party

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ok that all my suggestion let hope we get some mall and plaza similar to this this is to @Steven1230 I hope my idea come @Sam1knight you will be impressed :happy:

Drooling for the awesomeness :drool: I has to reduce some picture because there is some limit :banghead:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    Reason for edit: Wrong TopicAnd Need Link To Mall Topic
    GreyNeo and ladybug17 like this.
  5. Sam1knight

Sam1knight Life in Balence

Wow Uno Great Post it totally rocks you should be an Interior Designer that be so cool:)
    [​IMG]

GreyNeo likes this.
  6. Un0-0n3unique

You're very welcome :D

GreyNeo and Sam1knight like this.
  7. Kusanagi Motoko

Kusanagi Motoko New In Town

I like this.
    [​IMG]

GreyNeo, ladybug17 and SpeakingMouse like this.
  8. Un0-0n3unique

This is nice but I want Neotopia to be new Neotopia isn't owned by Sony it would be nice but i don't think third party developer would get all of these stuff on PS home and import it I don't think that possible once home is gone everything will be lost so I don't think it will be in Neotopia

9. Un0-0n3unique

Here are some more plaza design
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

GreyNeo and ladybug17 like this.
  10. Kusanagi Motoko

Kusanagi Motoko New In Town

I want to be able to walk inside the building (rooms and passages)

GreyNeo likes this.
  11. Un0-0n3unique

Yea I hope our developer allow that

12. ladybug17

ladybug17 Member

Since this is my first post on here, I better make it worthwhile, lol.

With Neotopia starting fresh and new, I would want the main plaza to be fresh and new as well, while incorporating what we never got and always hoped for in Home.

I am in total agreement with the open park/greenery/hangout spot. I always want this in Home after CP was removed. When Acorn Park came along that seemed like a main plaza to me. The Hub was awful, and I can't say I ever read that someone actually preferred Hub. No one liked it, let's be honest, lol.

I think a feature that would be really cool is seasonal changes. Let's have snow in winter, with the occasional snowstorm, light snow, and clear weather. In fall the trees could change color, and then slowly drop their leaves. In spring, flowers blooming, trees turning green, sunny days, rainy days, insects buzzing around. Summer, have thunderstorms, and of course sun!

Of course with this could be seasonal activities and such. Maybe a beach area for summer and a snowhill for winter?

Acorn Park had food vendors, why not have this but be able to keep the food items as LMO's? I enjoyed the way the avi looked while holding coffee, cotton candy, etc, but my avi would eat it and it's gone! I want to keep it! lol. These items could be changable for the season, cold drinks and bbq food for the hot months, hot chocolate and coffee for winter.

Also it would be cool if the time of day changed with real life. Log in during daytime, it's sunny out. Evening, sunset. Nighttime, dark. Maybe it could work on a quicker cycle, too, kinda like that Granzella island. Over 2-3 hrs or whatever you get a 24 hr cycle. That way you could experience all times of day anytime. Either way works for me.

Thanks for reading!

GreyNeo, lightly and JasonReso like this.
  13. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

Nice post Ladybug17. The Hub was a really poor replacement for Central Plaza 3 years ago. Neotopia is going to be awesome. :cool:

GreyNeo likes this.
  14. lightly

lightly New Member

i was so about to suggest seasonal changes / day and night too, but great minds think alike!
    perhaps there could be a geographic filter for the plaza too? like a filter to show PSN users close by / within your city / state?
    or maybe just an entirely separate plaza to serve different time zones? proximity is a key factor for friendships after all!
    just a thought~

ladybug17, JasonReso and Rorschach like this.
  15. ladybug17

ladybug17 Member

Yeah, this is why it is probably better to use a few hour cycle instead for everyone. Also I myself am rarely on at night, but having night would be cool. I am sure others are only on at night and wouldn't mind day as well, lol.

JasonReso likes this.