1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Refuse Award Items

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by JR1, Oct 10, 2014.

1. JR1

JR1 Plebian

I'd also like the ability to refuse items rewarded to us for certain tasks. It's not cool too force it on us (press X to accept). Having to accept an item before you can continue on doesn't give us any say in the matter about whether we want that how to item. I'm sure many of you would have pressed square to reject if given the chance. This would free up your item inventory for items you actually want. Again, sorry if this is already been covered. I try to read them all and don't think I saw the suggestion.

Abiatha and Seminole like this.
  2. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I love this idea. It's nice to give us options like this but keep in mind we are human and may accidentally hit square when we wanted to hit X to accept the item. If we hit square by mistake does that mean we have to try to play that game again or enter that space again to retrieve that free item again or is it a one time shot and we loose out for not clicking on the correct button? Just some food for thought :)

Abiatha likes this.
  3. JR1

JR1 Plebian

This is true, we are human. (most of us). Maybe the warning could be a little larger. For instance it could be in large bold print ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO REFUSE THIS ITEM??? (that would look cooler in red but I can't seem to change the color of my font) maybe even a second warning for those who may have had a few while playing.

Abiatha and Seminole like this.
  4. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

YES! That would be even better to have :)

Abiatha likes this.
  5. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Yea this idea is pretty awesome. I didnt like having some junky rewards in drove lol...

Abiatha likes this.
  6. meekgeek93

meekgeek93 New In Town

I agree with this 100%. I know that the 3D printer allows me to accept or reject gift, which really helped! I would love to see this implemented into Neotopia for rewards and gifts. I hate getting lost in Storage Narnia! lol.
    ...And just running on this idea, What about removing items from your inventory and wardrobe that you no longer want? I have purchased a few things on PlayStation Home that I loved at the time and now, no longer want. and they are cluttering up my Inventory and Wardrobe. I know that's why they made Storage, but for users like me who have been on since the beginning and have collected many things along the way ,know that even storage won't do it anymore.

Abiatha likes this.
  7. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

This idea meshes with the other ideas posted.....in that they all deal with an improved inventory system (Home sucks at this). There is the folder method that permits micromanaging of your stuff. I like that. The ability to delete items you already have...I like that too. Trading items...I really like that !

Bottom line....all good ideas leading to a single purpose. Organizing our closets.....

Abiatha likes this.
  8. PYAWAKITT

PYAWAKITT New In Town

Yes, being able to refuse a reward item would be wonderful!
    PShome challenges, I would skip by the items I did not want.
    ​Perhaps we could be given a time frame in which we receive the items and see how they work, and then be able to delete them, as they are free and rewards, so there would be no chance of anyone down the line complaining that they "purchased" an item and mistakenly deleted it.
    Would be nice to "try on" that jacket/pants/LMO before deciding whether or not I really want to keep it.

Abiatha likes this.
  9. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

A better folder system and work search are folders and we wouldnt need to worry about this

Abiatha likes this.
  10. JaneKing

JaneKing New In Town

Great Idea but personally i find some items are good at the time and accept them.Trouble is things get dated and no longer something that i want or need ..So what option would be most useful ? The option to delete or even pass to someone else these defunct items

Abiatha likes this.
  11. Arwen

Arwen Resident

I would have loved to have been able to choose what rewards to accept, the amount I have in storage amazes me, it's a wonder I haven't run out of storage space and as others have mentioned being able to organise our wardrobe/furnishing would help.
    And I know there's an awful lot I would delete if I had the choice.

Abiatha and EndingDemise like this.
  12. EndingDemise

EndingDemise Click My Name to view my Blog!

It would make things alot easyr thats for sure

Abiatha likes this.
  13. LegoFire

LegoFire Member

This is definitely a good idea, so we don't have an over amount of items we aren't wanting. The ability to deny would be useful.

Though honestly I think instead of having to reject items, I'd rather see better inventory management of our items overall in Neotopia. Better storage capacities, search functions to find what we want easier, and a place to put anything we don't want where it won't get in the way of our normal inventory and slow the game down for us.

That would likely be the better route in my opinion.

14. EndingDemise

That and a item Multiple delete option so i dont have to delete every thing one at a time i hated it

Abiatha and Sam1knight like this.
  15. Abiatha

Abiatha Petrolhead

I completely agree with this idea, and hope that neotopia gives us options to refuse or delete items, but I can see why this may not have been possible before on Home. Maybe it's my business brain talking but I would say Sony didn't allow deleting of items that you had purchased, so that there was no way you could come back later and say "but I paid money for that, what do you mean I can't get it back again!" when someone deleted something then changed their minds later. I am sure there could have been some technological way around this but they clearly were not interested in implementing that. There might also be legal reasons for why we couldn't delete purchased items.

It could also be because of the way the business side worked where developers could say X amount of a particular item was purchased or given out as reward. It's probably all about numbers. If an item was designed, maybe no one bought it, so it was later given as a reward, thus bumping up the numbers which looks good on paper. Also, the reward items were probably designed to promote a particular space or line of items, so perhaps they were trying to lure you into buying other items in that line or by that designer/developer.

I completely agree that it would have been great to have been given the option of refusing a reward, especially in the challenges. I am so tired of having to restore items from storage because they have been moved there because of new reward items which I don't actually want. But in the real world often promotion and advertising is all about pushing items on to us that we don't actually want, so why would it be different on Home.

If I could actually delete a whole heap of things right now, including clothing items or dance LMOs which I have purchased and no longer want, I would be deliriously happy!

LegoFire and EndingDemise like this.
  16. EndingDemise

The way i would go about it is simply not have a delete option. And have it where you can accept or deny the item and if you want come back later. And if you decided to not want it after accepting it you have a give away option to someone who dosent have it.

Abiatha likes this.