1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Real Looking Game, or a Fantasy?

Discussion in 'Themes & Visual Styles' started by AlboGodZ, Sep 28, 2014.

1. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

I really hope neotopia is ending up by being some kind of real-looking-virtuale world. PS Home was, however it started to look crap due too much fantasy effects being added to it.

I know that spunland on PS Home isn't really much of a real looking world, so hopefully it won't end up like that! :p

The main things I think it should have would be:
    - A real looking world (Something like GTA)
    - Chat, where the users can type with keyboard like PS Home had.
    - Mic option, where users can mic.
    - Regulary Updates (Without shutting the game entirly down)
    - Virtuale store, where you can purchase stuff in-game from real money or fake. Perhaps have a own currency wallet, where you can earn money but also buy extra if needed.
    - Developer API's (Grab our avatar picture from a link, sending GET Request, and other information so we can start our own communities out of Neotopia.
    - Hire community Guides, or moderators that can help the staff moderating neotopia for free? I know ps home has options such as kick, freeze/stick, cooldown, teleport, forceinvite.
    - Not peer2peer, rather peer2server2peer, that way IP Sniffing in group chats like PS Home won't happend.
    - In-game PM System.
    - In-game CLAN/CLUB System.

Ofcourse, continiue in new platforms if this turns out to be a success. I am quiet suprised PS Home didn't continiue into PS4, or a migitation were done there by merging PS3/PS4 users togheter.

ladybug17 likes this.
  2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes New In Town

I agree.

So myself and a mate were discussing how PlayStation Home could be extended and brought into future and what we came up with was some interesting hybrid platform that merges GTA Online, The Sims, Home and Second Life.
    Some key points were:
    - First person or third person gameplay (Occulus Rift & Project Morphious enabled)
    - Quality meeting that of GTA - people want realism. This is not saying no fantasy, but rather realism over cartoon.
    - Emphasis on voice communication over text.
    - Each person has a house or some kind of property (they can have more) where they receive messages and other notifications in-world.
    - People can own other properties and rent them to other users.
    - User Created Content!! The world would be supported by the user base in addition to professional developers and publishers.
    - Realistic interaction. Avatars can interact with each other by default.

The gist of it is, real life simulation. That's how people get addicted. The heightened level of social and community aspects just keep people sane.

ladybug17 likes this.
  3. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

Yeah, even The Sims would be good, create our own house more customized. And minimum server jumping (on GTA we have to join servers, where 90% of the time they are empty.. well at least for me). No idea how they'll do it about that, make alot of servers like PS Home has now..? or make it all in one server (which probaly wouldnt work out)

I wish other developers would unite togheter - LockWood, Veemee.. HellFire's project looks crap.

Sub menu/pop-up menu by pressing R1/L1 with preset options like home has, where you can also add preset messages + with a timer so they can't spam preset messages like users are abusing on Home right now. I hate fantasy, i want realistic game..

PS Home got too much fantasy the last days now, which made me stop going on. A good example is the big disco floor, that are REALLY annoying to look at that people are spamming everywhere from HellFire.

Why not just copy home and make it better lol.

This seems like a large project to start off, but it will get paid off on the end of the day for sure..

4. Neotopia

Neotopia Administrator Administrator

Hi! The real answer to this is both. We want neotopians to be able to express themselves freely, there's a feature list up on neotopia.co so please feel free to check that out, you'll see we're on the same page with a lot of your wish list above! :)

5. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

Yeah, i did now i missed it lol was too excited for the forum.

6. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

All great ideas which I fully agree with.

7. CoDeNaMeBLiSS

CoDeNaMeBLiSS New In Town

Great ideas !

8. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

Specially the updates *without shutting down the game. *

9. NissaRaven

NissaRaven Squatter

Awesome ideas.

10. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

Indeed, I'm glad it keeps getting Bumped :)

11. Love Enchantress

Love Enchantress My love is forever...

Neotopians

GTAV may be more real looking than some games, except all the female avatars look like manly-amazons. (Please please do not make our female avatars look like that!) GTAV is depressing in the city areas with a bunch of junk n garbage floating around. It's called Neotopia, not gang central, if I wanted to see depressing run-down areas, I could drive into the inner city project areas where everything is depressing.

I don't want a game world that makes me feel depressed. There's enough things in the real world that are depressing. If somebody wants a GTAV world, they can go play GTAV.

The GTAV mountain parks and lovely homes with trees around them are pretty, I wouldn't mind that. But I could do without the slums and projects in Neotopia. Somebody could make a virtual world later called Slumtopia, that might be more like a lot of GTAV.

ladybug17 likes this.
  12. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

That's not the point.

I want them to make it realistic like GTA. I wish the real world was like that, where everything is green & perfect.

13. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

With the Unreal Engine 4 it should look better than GTAV

IzyWizzy likes this.
  14. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

I hope it looks better, and is better than gta v :(
    there would be ALOT of un satisfied people if the game turns out to be a disappointment

15. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

If they know how to use it correctly hopefully, i hope it dosen't turn out to be ugly as HellFire's Tycoon Game. The animations are just HORRIBLE. We want realistic moving, walking and running.. Not sone minecraft looking crap.

16. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I totally agree with you AlboGodZ

17. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Think they said they will use motion capture. I guess for our walking and emotes. As long as guys don't walk like ducks I'll be happy.