1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

PS3 ?

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by interceptor_maxx, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Strong Lover

Strong Lover Plebian

That is a very valid point. However, there already are modifications of the PS4 unfortunately. Yet, the neotopia world itself will be managed by Madmunki and it will be given special attention and new designs to counter such issues.

Hackers are everywhere. Take a dip into Second Life, you will find an abundance of them. The point of developing a caring, friendly, and integrated community is not only to prevent hacking thats destroys it but also to give little reason to do so in the first place. Many "freezers" in Playstation Home did so because of unfriendly atmospheres of a free service by Sony where everyone from competitors to bored agitators would get on the service to create drama.

Hateful drama is the last thing we want. However, if you want a world entirely free of hacking potential, I suggest offline with no electricity.

Love Enchantress likes this.
  2. Strong Lover

Strong Lover Plebian

Always keep in mind that Neotopia can be expanded to PC use, considering that the PS4 is very much the same as many PC's.

We will not have to close shop when the PS4 closes shop.

Love Enchantress likes this.
  3. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Why put it on a last Gen that has been jailbroken and psh was full of modders? That would the biggest mistake putting neotopia on a system that has been jailbroken :(

4. CoDeNaMeBLiSS

CoDeNaMeBLiSS New In Town

Ps3 is old news I highly doubt this will go to ps3 also

5. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

Yeah, PS3 is old news.

MIKEYSEVEN likes this.
  6. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

As they say in the NFL...."upon further review"...I was wrong

I am officially withdrawing by initial and mistaken idea for PS3 support. Having seen the lying, cheating, misanthropic PS3 modders in action, I now understand why they should die along with Home and PS3.

Have a nice day..... :D

7. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

Hellfire games are more likely gonna focus on the PlayStation 4. PS3 is outdated. Time to go Next Gen! ^_^

[video=youtube;Lq9YPuvy47w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq9YPuvy47w[/video]

8. Gundyrat

Gundyrat Squatter

when the Ps3 debuted in 2006 it was said that it was to be a 10 year system, and then after the ps4 came out that was revised to less than 10 years.

2015 mark's year 9 for the platform and most likely the last year that Sony will support the platform, so it makes sense to not build for a system that wont be receiving manufacturer backing beyond 2015 meaning no firmware updates and from what I've read some game developers are dropping support for the Ps3 in 2016.

My suggestion to Sony if they would listen is to re-enable support for other operating systems allowing for some form of windows mobile or Linux to work on the system, as it already can support printers and input devices. making it a computer and gaming system. I'm sure games will trickle out like they did for the ps2 for many more years

9. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

I totally agree Gundyrat.