1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

PS3 ?

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by interceptor_maxx, Sep 28, 2014.

1. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

I asked this same question of Hellfire concerning their new virtual world project for PS4. Any chance you can make it backwards compatible with PS3? Even if it means some degraded visuals and minor functionality? Just so PS3 people can get a taste and decide whether to make the PS4 leap? Perhaps have it run in an emulator for PS3 as opposed to two versions...and maybe only for a limited time.

Thanks

2. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

That would be good, but I think they're just going to leave it on the PS4 =\

3. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

Doubtfull, it would cost them too much cash to develop it for both consoles. As stated on their front page, it's PS4 not PS3. I am sure they would of stated PS3 if it was comin out for that.

They are using a new Game Develop Engine which dosen't exist on PS3, so thats probaly anther reason why we don't want it on PS3.. we want better grraphcs

Seminole likes this.
  4. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

Just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. This one is for questions about the forum itself.

Whoops....my bad. When Neotopia goes live, I will spend a day in the virtual prison.

I understand the difficulty of cross-platform compatibility, but PS3 still outnumbers PS4 by a huge margin. Just thinking from a business point of view...that's a pretty big customer base that could be tapped IF it can be done. Anyway....if only PS4, it is still exciting.

5. Neotopia

Neotopia Administrator Administrator

Hi all, good question, initially neotopia is going to be on PS4 only but once it's up and running we can look at expanding it to new platforms, if it's technically possible and it's what you guys want, then why not? Definitely one for down the road though ;)

6. interceptor_maxx

interceptor_maxx Mad Max

Thanks Neotopia

7. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

Well we do want it for PS3 if it's possible, if it was possible to merge PS3/PS4 users togheter. That way we can mod it on PS3 :D lol.

8. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Official done with my ps3 So just ps4 is fine ^_^

9. PSX4-ONE

PSX4-ONE Squatter

Hello All, I'm new here and signed up simply because this sounds exciting since I can't believe that PS HOME is going down! anyway, I am a PS4 owner and I do have lots of friends that I am pretty sure are not ready to jump to PS4 and some...haven't moved simply because there is no PS HOME on the PS4! so yes, I agree and would love to see it on PS3 for those who haven't made the switch yet. Hopefully this team will be able to to do it and I can't wait to see Neotopia in action!

10. NissaRaven

NissaRaven Squatter

lol No thank you no more moding ps3/ps4 I want an environment where I get to stay online without being frozen or my avatar taken over. Nice try though =P

11. Spooky-X-Mulder

Spooky-X-Mulder Squatter

yea agreed nissa we've had our fill of useless hackers with nothing better to do than freeze servers for their own sick interests. go play GTA if thats what u want. We want to interact with people and a virtual world for fun. not reboot ervery time you go somewhere LOL sad buggers

12. GSreaperwolf72

GSreaperwolf72 New In Town

Nah, please keep it off of PS3, think about how long this project may take, by that time PS4 is going to be the standard. Wasting resources on a platform that will have little time by then.
    please do not waste resources, I love my PS3 and all but all that effort can be put into the PS4 instead of having to manage both PS3 & PS4's community and wouldn't merging it so that both PS3 & PS4 owners use the same servers be a bad idea, like we PS4 owners can basically be held back?
    Make it easier on yourselves and focus on the current gen consoles.

13. MIKEYSEVEN

MIKEYSEVEN Squatter

There will be nothing exclusive about this virtual world if it's on the PS3. We are aiming towards the future here people. The next generation of virtual gaming is PS4.

14. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

Great question.

[HR][/HR]ⓧⒹⓐⓂⓞⓄⓝⓂⓐⓃⓧ [HR][/HR]

15. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

ABSOLUTELY NOT! I have no interest or desire to share cross compatible server space with the PS3....should Neotopia ever enter a consideration phase for porting it to another platform. You want it on PS3, fine...then make it a seperate entity with it's own servers...AWAY from PS4 servers! I do not want potential modders, booters, freezers, IP sniffers or hackers anywhere near Neotopia or PS4 servers. And if PS3 users share the same playground as PS4 users, in a cross compatible sense....that's EXACTLY what will happen. We can just kill THAT right now! (We are NOT repeating the same BS we did with Home, folks! And if it ever looks like thats where Neotopia is going with the "modder/freezer" crowd - IM OUT)

16. NeoTech

NeoTech Neotopia Tech. Staff Member Administrator Developer

That pesky Neotopia! It's going to be unlikely that we'll launch on the PS3. Unreal Engine 4 doesn't support it. I realise this might be a huge disappointment to some, but it means the world will look better and we won't be restricted by last-gen hardware and limits.

XxguthiX likes this.
  17. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

This is one game I dont want on ps3 please lol...

18. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

I'm glad it won't be on ps3. I'm ready to use my ps4 for other than COD. :)

19. bestscreenname

bestscreenname Marshmallow

Yeah. Focusing on the new platform is good but I feel for those still on PS3 with no plans to purchase a PS4 anytime soon. If I recall correctly, U4 can be modified to run on last gen. Not sure how big of a task that would be or if Madmunki is even up for the challenge but maybe if this thing takes off and does well it could be an option in the future. Although I highly doubt the PS3 will be supported by anyone much longer.

20. Strong Lover

Strong Lover Plebian

If you want an unreal world and unreal performance, the PS3 is not an option. Neotopia is not going to be Playstation Home, it is going to be much better. The PS3 would only hold it back.

Love Enchantress likes this.