1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Please Use Home & Its Corrupt Forums As A Reference On How NOT To Run Things

Discussion in 'Moderation & Restrictions' started by Tranny_Got_Swag, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Tranny_Got_Swag

Tranny_Got_Swag New In Town

Seriously, the apathy of those who run both the dying Home and its forums is appalling. Home is currently overrun with fams, freezers, fake mods, and trolls while the monkeys flinging poo that run that dying virtual world do nothing. It's been a sad state of affairs for quite some time now, undeniably a big reason why most people either gave up on Home or refuse to use it. The forums are no better either, it's like when we were all back in high school where the so-called cool kids who know deep down that they ain't worth two cents in Japanese money bully and harass the crap out of anyone who doesn't share their brown nosing beliefs which they get away with because corrupt forum mods protect them. That is how NOT to run a virtual world and its forums, something Tranny sincerely hopes Neotopia takes notes on. Neotopia can easily be better than Home ever was, but we must make sure that the aforementioned issues never gain a foothold this time around. Let's keep it swagalicious people, and Neotopia will do more than be a successor to Home. It will surpass it.

2. Your_Empress

Your_Empress Happy and free!

Very well said. I will quote myself from earlier and you all can have at it! What I wrote earlier fits much better here in this thread.

3. Tranny_Got_Swag

Tranny_Got_Swag New In Town

Tranny thanks you, good stuff you got written there too. Took a moment to figure out how the like button works, but got it now. What you posted also deserves props.

4. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Yea I totally agree home was just a mess, and was horrible that the good people were driven away from pshome and were replaced with mean and rude people :(

teentekken likes this.
  5. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

Home to me is just a hot mess at times. At first, some of the people are nice, and some of them are not. It's sad to see that good people were driven away from PS Home and were replaced with mean, and hostile people. That includes clubs, groups, etc. I just wish that people in PS Home are more friendly. That includes, groups, clubs, etc.

6. kimbub

kimbub New In Town

Sadly I have to agree with Tranny on most of the points mentioned about the negative aspects of PS Home. I too would like to see one of the developer companies succeed and replace PS Home with something far better and Im sure it is possible. However, developers would do well to note the issues and problems of home if they want to make their own virtual world a success and I don't see any easy answers. Definitely more controls need to be in place concerning age of those wanting to participate. Currently it is easy for an under 16/17 year old to join any of the virtual worlds already out there and this in itself causes problems for those who are that much older. Reporting of bad behaviour, hacking, trolling and general rudeness needs tightening up. Lets hope Neotopia and/or Kovok have given serious thought to some of these things or else they will simply be a duplicate of PS Home, a promising project only to be eroded by the underage, unsocial and unstable. Incidentally I pledged in both Neotopia and Kovok for the record.

Abiatha likes this.
  7. Abiatha

Abiatha Petrolhead

I wish I had known what Home was like in the beginning - it sounds wonderful. I've only been a Home user for about 2 years, so I guess I can't make an accurate evaluation of Home now compared with Home then. Maybe it's because I'm a bit older, I don't know, but I haven't had much of a problem with rude people or trolls. I have had a few strange experiences with people, but just brushed it off to them having some sort of mental disorder - sometimes they told me this themselves when I met them - or youth. I suppose I have kept to myself to a large extent and maybe avoided some of the worst people on there. Maybe Home EU is a bit better than Home NA, who knows? All I know is I am still enjoying it a lot and will do so till the end, and I have met some really nice people on there. As for why the kickstarter failed, my opinion is that it was due to laziness, ignorance, rumours and people expecting something for nothing - which seems to be the way the world is nowadays. Everyone wants something for free, can't be bothered to get involved or do the minimum of research required to get something wonderful to become a reality. The people who aren't like this seem to be in the minority but I would dearly love to see a virtual world for these great people.

Zeelot, Seminole and tallsloguy like this.
  8. Zeelot

Zeelot Squatter

Very nice post there, as for the thinking EU may be better then NA?...in its current state I will use EU Home more then NA as I have never had any issues ever with Mod hackers so I would say its better but its like a scale tipping to each side to see what one is better. Pros and Cons for both.
    As for the early days of Home, they were awesome! but like today Users complained for change back then and when it happened Home became sour.

Abiatha likes this.