1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Neotopia Suggestion Please Save the Cantina, Plus Wise Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rbeort, Dec 30, 2014.

1. rbeort

rbeort New Member

I really loved the Mos Eisley Cantina in Home, please talk with Disney and try to bring it over within the new iteration. I think your success lies in implementing deals with companies again so you can continue to have sponsored locales in your virtual world. I woud also just name it Home rather than Neotopia. Severely minimizing those endless menus, and allowing platformer-like control of your avatar (with jumping ability) from the get go will immediately make those that felt Home was boring change their tune. You should also have health bars that if depleted cause you to wake up in your private space or in a hospital. If you'd like to give me a job please contact me!

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/+RobertShaneEllis

Sam1knight likes this.
  2. Sam1knight

Sam1knight Life in Balence

To be fair many factors have to be in play here, like the cantina what we had on PS3 won't be comparable to the PS4 Plateform a lot of changes will be made and you have to take in account Copyright laws Sony had entitlement to use the name StarWars and post there design and logo Neotopia will have to make a few call which they could just say no and not even approve the copyright, also to make a space like this one require a lot of time and patients it won't look like the same place, but it will accominate well, thank for reading:)

Abiatha and rbeort like this.
  3. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

I agree with sam, but Neotopia isn't part of pshome so it cannot bring cantina with them. They need to contact star wars themselves in order to have them allow neotopia to sell and use star wars, and star wars is owned by walt disney so basically they need to also contact disney to allow us to use Frozen because i love that movie lol. :happy:

rbeort and Sam1knight like this.
  4. Abiatha

Abiatha Petrolhead

I will miss the Star Wars Cantina too, although on EU it was almost always empty when I went there. I think there are a lot of Star Wars fans (myself included) on Home but the cantina might not have been attractive or dynamic enough a space for them. Due to licensing, I don't think it would be possible to have a new cantina in neotopia and I personally would rather see new things on neotopia, rather than a mixture of original new spaces and commercial familiar looking spaces (ie relating to popular culture or games). I feel neotopia should stand on its own, but maybe in the future it could have portals to other worlds which might include commercial type spaces. Just my thoughts anyway.

JasonReso and Sam1knight like this.
  5. rbeort

rbeort New Member

I can't see many people getting interested in neotopia without these commercial properties (on top of losing the status as SONY's official virtual world). I think the Cantina was a monumental success in terms of sights and sounds. I think pretty much every place in Home failed in terms of being dynamic. I think you've got to start neotopia straight off as a quasi-game world itself. You should have been able to order a drink at the Cantina, and having too many drinks should have caused a drunken status effect that messed up your controls or made you stumble (or both). There should have also been Star Wars NPCs walking through, getting into fights and whatnot, maybe some card games you could play at some of the tables. There should be secret things you can do and secret items or trouble you can get into everywhere.

Another thing I suggest is the ability to snap items to a grid within your personal space, and the ability to mark items (like furniture) as immovable. Organizing your apartment in Home and keeping it organized was an ordeal if anyone ever came through. I think Home's main drawback though was requiring us to go to menus so often. I think you guys need an RPG-like equip screen and to use symbols and buttons more often like an action RPG. The chance to map actions to buttons would be great.

I would also like the ability to die in neotopia and have your avatar's reincarnation or successor inherit all your stuff (perhaps with a small penalty and/or a record of how many dead avatars you've gone through). You could be your PSN id with a roman numeral after. It'd be cool to have a kind of neotopia police that come in to keep the peace when things get dicey as well.

6. EndingDemise

EndingDemise Click My Name to view my Blog!

You never know cantina was a great places and even if it donr come back. People wil always find better spots to hang out.