1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Other developers?

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Aerosphere, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Aerosphere

Aerosphere New In Town

Wow, I'm really excited about a potential new virtual world for PS4. Like most of the others here, I also come from Home, and I'm really upset about the news of Home's closure. So I'm really hopeful for neotopia to start up on PS4 :)

Although, one of the things I liked about Home was the fact that there were so many developers publishing their own unique content, so there was a wide variety of things to purchase. I was wondering if there was anyway that you could get any of the other developers, like Lockwood, to perhaps be a part of the project too? I think it would be helpful for the project with more of the developers working together on this :)

2. GSreaperwolf72

GSreaperwolf72 New In Town

I agree, that is more than likely the best way to get pledges and the word out.
    I love Home and am really saddened by the news of it's closure next year.
    In a way I am also glad that this is not tied to Sony after what they did to PS Home.
    I am happy to see that someone is trying to fill that upcoming void but those are some big shoes to fill.
    best of luck and I hope to see something like screenshots and videos whenever you guys get to that point. But please get more developers, you can easily have our support, we Home users would love to see this become a reality but I personally would not be for it if there are no familiar faces involves, we need more developers on board and I am sure that all the home users will help spread the word, we'll get the word out, don't let us down cause this is the best news we have seen since hearing about home closing down in a few months.

3. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

Agree, if other developers would team up like a team this would turn out to be one of the best games out there if not the best. Each one of the developers have different ideas, and designs on their stuff.

4. Spooky-X-Mulder

Spooky-X-Mulder Squatter

What about corporate involvment in some way such as advertising and events? Im sure they would pitch in cash if there was a Ronald mcDonald statue in the middle of neotopia square LOL
    just an example really but i'd love to see more sponsorship from major corps to help fund it and keep it going for years to come

5. NissaRaven

NissaRaven Squatter

lol @ McDonalds but I agree sponsorship would be a great idea.

6. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

That's a good idea lol, I like it :)

7. neocortex

neocortex neocortex Administrator Moderator Developer

We can certainly look at doing some advertising work, again one to think about once neotopia is up and running :)

Love Enchantress likes this.
  8. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Having Grazella would be awesome all things they did with just simple home was amazing did so many things with home no other developers even tried

XxguthiX likes this.
  9. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

I love Granzella but sometimes their stuff were glitchy and some stuff that they promised never came to us =\

10. neocortex

neocortex neocortex Administrator Moderator Developer

Either way folks you can be sure that there will be a wide variety of different styles of content and we'll always be open to suggestions.

11. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

They confirmed there will be different artists etc... So yea there will be "Developers" making things. :)

12. Abel

Abel animeluver123

I'm hoping that other developers join with neotopia. I hope granzella, ndreams, Lockwood, codeglue, konami, and other devs from PS home are with neotopia. I also hope that spaces and buyable items from them are in neotopia. I loved these in PS home and would adore seeing them in neotopia.

13. GuardianAngelz47

GuardianAngelz47 GE 501st

Any chance the likes of any Star Wars related items like Home had? Such as Storm Trooper costumes and such. Now that Star Wars is becoming an entity again with new movies and games.

Abel likes this.
  14. GreyNeo

GreyNeo Neotopia Community Manager Staff Member Administrator

We would love to have 3rd party content like this and we will be actively pursuing it, but adding licensed content would mostly likely be something that would happen down the line, after we have neotopia up and running. =^)