1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Neotopia Translated In Different Language & Volunteer Translator?

Discussion in 'Languages & Communication' started by Un0-0n3unique, Dec 14, 2014.

?

Could we have a Volunteer Translator or a Developer Translator?

1. Volunteer

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Developer

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Un0-0n3unique

Un0-0n3unique Active Member

Hi everyone this is my first time posting here finally I’m on the Neotopia forums anyway back on topic

Hey everyone I been curious if they will be a volunteer translator or developer translator. I know a few Japanese and Korean if you guy want to release it in Japan and Korea I would be happy cause I really want my Japanese friend to come over to Neotopia. since we have a Neotopia community manager not operated by a developer (Volunteer Community Manager) who work at Madmunki. I’m just curious if they will be an opportunity for that. I thinking it gonna cost a lot of money to hire a human translator I’m thinking volunteer translator would be cheaper like community translator that would be better kinda like Duolingo. As for the poll it not for real purpose only it only for opinion purpose only what do you think is better?

Here are the translation:

ネオトピア

네오토피아

Abiatha, Sam1knight and iNocturnal like this.
  2. Un0-0n3unique

Oh! and hopefully we can change the keyboard language by pressing this button on the keyboard [​IMG] and not get stuck typing in Phonetically or English we want freedom to communicate in any language why be locked out? it really difficult talking in different language on home let say I have a Japanese friend who native language is Japanese and I’m stuck with English keyboard they don't understand Phonetically so we need freedom to communicate in any language

Abiatha, Sam1knight and iNocturnal like this.
  3. GreyNeo

GreyNeo Neotopia Community Manager Staff Member Administrator

Hiya Uno, welcome to the neotopia forums! =^)

Down the line, we would absolutely like to release other region specific builds of neotopia. As stated before, NA and EU would be released first. neotopia's very connected to it's community so volunteer translators would be a definite possibility when we get to that point in development.

Thank you for your post and kind offer! Good suggestion! =^)

Abiatha, JasonReso and Sam1knight like this.
  4. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

I think volunteers are much more better because, It wouldn't make sense to make them a Developer since all they're doing is helping translate. I'd volunteer for Spanish! :)

Abiatha, Un0-0n3unique and Sam1knight like this.
  5. Un0-0n3unique

How about other language not supported on the PS4 like Tagalog (Filipino) Or Cebuano we can't have Greek or Thai (for example) because of the Unicode there are other language that people know that are not supported on the PS4 I know Tagalog is just English word with no special Unicode (Including Cebuano as well) well I know google translate are good at translating noun if people are wondering that but I would not recommend translating sentence I’m dead serious nobody would understand

FYI if you are curious what language is Cebuano and Tagalog here are the following link

Cebuano:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cebuano_language

Tagalog:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagalog_language

Both are different language of the Philippines

Anyway we need language like Ukrainian since Russian alphabet are supported including Serbian and many more there are lot of language that have the same Unicode supported in the PS4 if you still don't understand what I mean for example if you want to type Україна in Russian (I dunno Ukrainian but this is just an example :p) for example it will still be shown but PS4 will automatically think it Russian when it actually Ukrainian same with Tagalog the PS4 will think it English when it actually Tagalog weird right?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    Reason for edit: Grammar Error
    Abiatha, JasonReso and Sam1knight like this.
  6. Un0-0n3unique

Oh and BTW I know that Little Big Planet 2 Let you type in Japanese but not change the entire game to Japanese and that in The North American disc your profile will change the title to Japanese (In your profile that telling your recent activity) kinda cool and weird

Abiatha and JasonReso like this.
  7. Sam1knight

Sam1knight Life in Balence

Greetings Uno :)
    I remember u help me one time on the Japan server when I needed someone to translate a word:) so really appreciate it:) Communication is important and we want to make sure all is welcome, but I think just Helping someone is Priceless you know:) well all do the best we can to make this world a better place great post uno thank for sharing and always have a cool day live life in balance sam :)
    PlayStation(R)Home Picture 02-02-2014 20-03-17.

Abiatha and Un0-0n3unique like this.
  8. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

Uno very thought out and insightful post. That would be very helpful. It's really awesome all the people we meet all over the world. And to have help with the language barrier would be great. :cool:

Abiatha and Sam1knight like this.
  9. Un0-0n3unique

If were gonna release it in Europe that would take lot of work since that continent have lot of languages compared to North America there Portuguese Spanish French and English in North America think about it SCEE support the whole country Africa even Saudi Arabia and other so Europe would take a while to release so I say North America come first

Sam1knight and Abiatha like this.
  10. Abiatha

Abiatha Petrolhead

That's true, there are a lot of languages in Europe, although many people speak either a bit of English or one or more other languages. When I have met Europeans who don't know English I try French - I only know a little bit of German and Spanish and Italian, but French I am not too bad, but hope we have some sort of translation tool one day - that would be awesome!

Sam1knight likes this.
  11. kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto

kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto Well-Known Member

Abiatha that is right. Some people Are also too young 4 learning english at school. Some people are only between 8 till 10 years old U know. French German or Italiano people.

12. JasonReso

Some kind of translation tool would be great if possible. If not sign me an Amy up for Swedish translators. :cool:

13. Un0-0n3unique

Ok first of all not everyone is fluent in different language unlike me I know 40% Korean & 100% Japanese Or less I’m just curious will they be grammar corrector volunteer and translation corrector so that way native speaker of another language can understand well I mean not everyone is perfect we sometime need to correct them I'm a little skilled in Japanese here are some quick chat translation we probably might have in Neotopia

Legend ?: Still In Work Translation Or Not Sure ✓: Actual Translation Please Be notice question mark mean Not sure basically mean i'm still studying these noun not because I dunno Japanese work is in progress
    • はい Transation:Yes ✓
    • いええ Translation: No ✓
    • 私は離れてキーボードからでしょう。 Translation:I'll be away from keyboard. ?
    • 戻ってきました。 Translation: I'm Back ?
    • 私 Translation: I ✓
    • あなた Translation: You ✓
    • 友 Translation: Friend ✓
    • 皆 Translation: Everyone ✓
    • この Translation: This ?
    • それ Translation: It ?
    • ここに Translation: Here ?
    • そこ Translation: There ?
    • ありがと Translation: Thank! ✓
    • おめでとう! Translation: Congratulation ✓
    • ごめんなさい。 Translation: I'm Sorry ✓
    Please Be Notice that some quick chat may not be used in Neotopia this is just used as a sample and if I’m bumping this thread I’m sorry I just want to share more advice

Abiatha, Sam1knight and JasonReso like this.
  14. Rorschach

Rorschach MetalHead! ↭ kik: Mustang963 PSN ID : Mustang_HN

Well,i agree about the translation part,For example,I live in Syria and PSH didn't have an Arabic keyboard option,well nor did the whole PS3 system.so i would have to either type in English and end up not being understood,or i would have to type like if i fell from the Matrix movie with some weird codes which everyone sees as 'J89RJH438TRHJ439TH' So i get your point :l but now since the PS4 does support this language it should supposedly make it easier for the developers to bring us these options,Thanks for opening up this subject!

Sam1knight, Abiatha and JasonReso like this.
  15. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

Translating volunteers are great ideas. I really would like to know more about any language with translators. Good idea bro.

JasonReso, Sam1knight and Abiatha like this.
  16. JasonReso

We could start a group together who would like to be possible volunteer translators. Det skulle vara coolt. :cool:

Sam1knight, Abiatha and Rorschach like this.
  17. Un0-0n3unique

(Please Read previous message for legend notice etc) Hi everyone here are some more translation for Korean Cebuano and Filipino

Korean (한국어)
    • 예 Translation:Yes ✓
    • 아니 Translation: No ✓
    • 난 도망 키보드 수있을 것입니다.Translation: I'll be away from keyboard. ?
    • 내가 돌아 왔어요 Translation: I’m back ?
    • 나는 Translation: I ?
    • 당신 Translation: You ?
    • 친구 Translation: Friend ✓
    • 모두 Translation: Everyone ✓
    • 이 Translation: This ✓
    • 그것 Translation: It ?
    • 여기에 Translation: Here ?
    • 그곳에 Translation: There ?
    • 감사합니다! Translation Thank ✓
    • 축하! Translation: Congratulation ✓
    • 미안 해요 Translation I'm Sorry ✓
    Filipino

• oo Translation: Yes ✓
    • hindi Translation: No ✓
    • Makikita ko ba ang layo mula sa keyboard. Translation:I'll be away from keyboard. ?
    • Ako ay Bumalik Translation: I'm Back ?
    • ako Translation: I ✓
    • ka Translation: You ?
    • kaibigan Translation: Friend ✓
    • lahat Translation: Everyone ✓
    • ito Translation: This ✓
    • ito Translation: It ✓
    • dito Translation: Here ✓
    • doon Translation: There ✓
    • Salamat! Translation: Thank! ✓
    • Pagbati! Translation: Congratulation! ?
    • Ako Paumanhin Translation: I'm Sorry ✓

Cebuano

• Oo Translation: Yes ✓
    • Dili Translation: No ✓
    • Ko nga gikan sa keyboard. Translation: I'll be away from keyboard. ?
    • Ako Back Translation: I'm Back ✓
    • ako Translation: I ✓
    • Ikaw Translation: You ✓
    • Higala Translation: Friend ?
    • tanan Translation: Everyone ?
    • Kini Translation: This ✓
    • Kini Translation: It ✓
    • Ania Translation: Here ✓
    • Adunay Translation:There ✓
    • Salamat! Translation: Thank ✓
    • Pasidungog! Translation: Congratulation! ✓
    • Ako Sorry Translation: I'm Sorry ✓

18. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Alot of people could google translate it etc... I'm Puerto Rican, but I don't feel like volunteering to help with spanish since it can be Google translated, but since all Spanish is different some words could be offensive and bad words other than that... it's all good lol. Neotopia should just have something like google translator built in, in the future so when someone types in a different language in the person receiving it they receive it in their language.

19. Un0-0n3unique

Hello I’m talking about content being translated not communicating but that idea is really good you know the region free space on ps home like FIFA or E3 wish every conversation was translated

20. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Errors
    :
    Flippino:
    Pagbati! Translation: Congratulation! ? = Greetings ! Translation : Congratulation ! ?
    Makikita ko ba ang layo mula sa keyboard. Translation:I'll be away from keyboard. ? = Will I be away from the keyboard .
    Translation : I'll be away from the keyboard . ?
    Korean:
    난 도망 키보드 수있을 것입니다.Translation: I'll be away from keyboard. ? = I will be able to escape the keyboard .Translation: I'll be away from keyboard. ?
    Japaneese:
    いええ Translation: No = Iee Translation: No
    私は離れてキーボードからでしょう。 Translation:I'll be away from keyboard. ? = I will from the keyboard away . Translation: I'll be away from keyboard.?
    あなた Translation: You = Tomo Translation: Friend
    Cebuano:
    Ko nga gikan sa keyboard. Translation: I'll be away from keyboard. ? = From the keyboard . Translation : I 'll be away from the keyboard . ?

There are too Kini's and both mean "it" so I don't know how Kini can mean "This".

~Thanks for reading this hopefully these small errors can be fixed! :)

21. IzyWizzy

IzyWizzy Outsite the Box

im sure when this Neo-Stone is rolling there will be alot communitys in many languages just like pshome had :) let it in english, make it the easiest for everyone. Even for me hehe.

maybe a foreign language subforum was not bad. But even there, i tryed that, it will sleep in. Later it may become to a subject to discuse about. Now with an average from 5 members online over-days shouldnt waste time for this. my personal opinion.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015