1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

neotopia Moderator Position Sign Up Thread - Step 1

Discussion in 'General' started by GreyNeo, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyNeo

GreyNeo Neotopia Community Manager Staff Member Administrator

communityUpdateBlogMod_525x338.

Hiya Everyone-

We 're starting this thread for the caring, helpful and the brave who would like to nominate themselves to help neotopia and the community. If you have not read Community Update-January on our blog, please do so before posting here. It has most of what will be expected and rundown of how the moderator selection process will proceed.

If you would like to become a neotopia moderator, please post here explaining why you think you would be a good fit (and what time zone you are in).

This thread will be open for 7 days to make sure that there is enough time for people to nominate themselves and only **themselves**. Nominations of others will be disregarded or removed, as will any posts that are not self nomination related. Please refrain from off - topic chat. There will be a lot of chances for the community to give their input on everything involved. This is only step one.

Thank you to all who volunteer! We appreciate your desire to help the community =^)

Thank you to our wonderful community for your time and patience during this selection process, we appreciate it! =^)

2. Tubifex-90

Tubifex-90 Home Addict ^_^

Hi. :)

I believe I would make a good moderator. I've been using Home since the end of 2008. I'm very experienced with Home and it's rules and tos as well as the technical site. Also I am willing to learn new stuff at any time.
    During my Home time I used to be a staff member on various Home related websites such as PsHomeCentral and PsHomeBeta. So I know very well what it takes to be a moderator. I can solve issues fair and properly.
    I can speak two languages (German and English), which might be very useful should we ever get a German sub forum.
    I'm in Germany (gmt + 1).

1. Neriokodono
      banned from both sites lol

Neriokodono, Feb 1, 2015
  3. dragonwoman52

dragonwoman52 The Watching Dragon

I would like to be a Mod I think I would be a fair one I love helping people in need and I have always tried to protect others in need and my community I have been a Mod in the past in chat rooms and also ran a chat room in the past it was known for being a safe caring place for people to come being one of the older members here age wise I think I can do this job and not let my own emotions get in the way of being fair and just I live in the USA on the east cost and am able to be on when ever I am needed. Neotopia is giving us a chance for a more caring world for all of us. One that will be safe and fun for all. I feel a Mod needs to be able to hear both sides of a problem and to be able to judge fairly on problem after all this is done then and then only can a good Mod do what is needed and not take a side on something because of their own feeling or because a friend is involved. This is something I have learned how to do and would carry it into being a Mod.
    Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you about this

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  4. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Hello,
    I'd like to apply to be a mod, I think I would be a good mod because I love to help as much as I can, I want to help even more and make neotopia a more safer place for everyone. Ive been here for a while and I think alot of people are better than me but I want to try my best to help more than what i do now. I have experience with being a mod and I love neotopia so much and just want to see it prosper it makes me smile seeing people satisfied after i help them so maybe i could be more helpful by being a mod and helping the community. I will try my best, and be the best i can and hopefully be good enough to be a great mod for neotopia. I follow the rules, and help as much as I can so hopefully I am qualified enough to be a neotopian mod :) thank you for reading.
    My time is EST :)

1. teentekken
      I nominate you Neohelper to become the Neotopia moderator.

teentekken, Feb 3, 2015
      Uniquez_SLB likes this.
  5. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

I would like to volunteer to be a moderator for Neotopia. I believe I would do a very good job. I volunteer because I love it. It is going to be the best place ever! I enjoy meeting each and every person on forums. I am available any time any one needs anything. I will go the extra mile. I've been on Home since November 2008 and have seen the best and worst of Home. I have been a forum member since September 30th. I have enjoyed meeting everyone and reading everyone's post and thoughts. It's time to take the best of what Home was, and build a wonderful virtual world on the PS4. Regardless of being an official mod on Neotopia, I will always help. Eastern time zone here. Thanks so much. :cool:

6. JaneKing

JaneKing New In Town

I have been a mod on a few games with chat in fact I was head mod on *War2glory* and was in charge of mods covering 23 servers BUT I'm very limited to time I can put into the job of moderating I can only spend about 3 hours a day on here at the most..Oh wait 3 hours is quite a long period of time and more than the average time spent by forum members .Having said that I am in the UK and if there I'snt a mod covering this time zone then accept this my application..I have always moderated with Strictness coupled with fairness and believe everyone deserves a second chance..I truly believe that Neotopia will be the next generation of Home style Site.I have been on Home since 2008 and have always tried to help new homies with where to obtain goodies and free items and how to use the chat features etc .etc. I have had the experience of using Mod tools for suspending ,banning,placing on a warning notice etc.and always used them with decorum and fairness .

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  7. Goalkeeper_Matt

Goalkeeper_Matt Nebula Correspondant

I'd like to become a moderator; as members will know i am here very regularly; i have a lot of time on my hands and i am willing to help whichever way possible. I have not moderated proffesionally before; but i've warned of people of a few chat rules before a twitch livestream before.

8. Rorschach

Rorschach MetalHead! ↭ kik: Mustang963 PSN ID : Mustang_HN

Hello all! i have suffered from Moderators banning me irresponsibly for a simple argument or misunderstanding,i Know that i will manage to be a good,and most importantly fair moderator,i am 23 years old,old enough to have awareness of the rights people have in such a community,and young enough to understand their sense and logic,apart from college in early morning and sports for an hour in the afternoon or so,i am ready to give Neotopia plenty,and the most of my time,and ready to be there whenever i am needed at whatever time! oh,and if that helps the case i speak Arabic/English/Basic French and learning German! My Timezone is KSA 'although i do not live there'.I honestly wish that i would be able to help this community in any possible way,Cheers and embrace tomorrow! :D

9. nicki perry

nicki perry New Member

I could do a good job moderating people I'm from the UK and been on home since 2007 have moderated on a few places and games

10. TeddyBearz

TeddyBearz Atom Universe Backer

I am from United Kingdom, I work full time on a mixed shift pattern,I would really enjoy to help out with this forum or Neotopia's Moderation, I Could help out any time i am on with the Moderation team if that is of any help. Now or Future.

11. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

I have never been a moderator before. I really want to learn more about moderation of forums, and also, I am considering in becoming a moderator for Neotopia as well. When I am finished with college, I am going to see what I can do in order to train in order to become a moderator. I really want to learn more about it.

12. ReducedPython

ReducedPython New Member

I nominate myself to become a Neotopia moderator because: I am observant, calm and protective I've been told that I have excellent teaching skills I understand rules are rules and won't allow friendships to get in the way of addressing unruly people, my job allows for more free time than most and I also have some experience moderating and have been apart of the PS Home community for about 2 years.

13. Un0-0n3unique

Un0-0n3unique Active Member

I think I could be a moderator since I’m really responsible and give out lot of advice in some discussion Since the volunteer translator failed I could become I Moderator I agree to never ban anyone on purpose and for no reason or explanation I plan on doing my job effectively I been on the playstation community since 5 year and i could be respoible enough @Sam1knight let hope I become elected and let hope I never fail let make this place I better place and let hope keep Neotopia a family friendly place :) let hope I get elected depending on how professional I am I nominate @Sam1knight he my Best Friend I speak Japanese, Korean & Filipino which might be helpful to foreign :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    1. NeoHelper
      you can't nominate people sadly I would've nominated sam and Tara.

NeoHelper, Jan 30, 2015
    2. Un0-0n3unique
      I see Thank for reminding :)

Un0-0n3unique, Jan 30, 2015
  14. JaneKing

JaneKing New In Town

Please see my Edited application

15. Sam1knight

Sam1knight Life in Balence

Greetings all :)
    I would Like to Nominate myself as Moderator, Im a very mellow person, but im more of a listener, i like that the community to have a Moderator that dependable, have a clear strait forward way of thinking but, is always putting Neotopia first and addressing the community, i have read the rules, also i been on PS home forems for quite some time so i know how the Moderator work, lock thread, interviene, and address the topic, i would like to add if im not chosen no worry, and to the other that will vote the moderator just remember you don't always have to vote for me for the reason, i want your vote to matter, i want your vote to have a say as to who is chosen, i want you vote to have confidence, the community will have final say so, really pic someone that you feel will make ur day, and truly value the honor of what Moderation is, and if ur reading this why not apply as well k you still have time to, but i see some of the Contestant about look like good candidate and wish them luck, as for me thank u to the one tha added my name but i hope ur vote for ur 2 pick and ill be rooting for you thank for reading live life in balance :)

Sorry for my last post I wish u all good luck it up to the community:)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Reason for edit: Cool day:)
  16. LegoFire

LegoFire Member

This thread is for those applying for the Moderator position.

So let's please keep it on track and most of all be respectful to those choosing to apply.

17. GreyNeo

GreyNeo Neotopia Community Manager Staff Member Administrator

Just a reminder to all - today will be the last day to nominate yourself for a mod position on the neotopia forums.

**This thread will close tonight at 12midnight PST! Thank you to everyone so far who has stepped forward, we really appreciate it!

Thank you again =^)

18. kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto

kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto Well-Known Member

I want U Veiled as Moderator and Tara but I don't understand :(

19. Pokemon_Mew_24

Pokemon_Mew_24 PrinceSnivy24

Hiya! My name is Mew! I'm interested in becoming and volunteering to be a Neotopia Moderator. I would be great in being one as I've helped many users during while PlayStation Home has been around. I've read the rules and was always active to help around the community. In late 2014, I became a Guide on PlayStation Home & a PlayStation MVP and helped so many people and have mentioned users about new virtual worlds, including Neotopia. :) With every help that was needed, I'm there to take care of it. To make sure that I be there for any help, I would be ready and to follow the rules like I will do on Neoptopia. Mew is on the Eastern Time Zone and never is too busy to help those in need. 24/7 is what I like to do and will never stop until my work is done! Mew has read the rules on the Neotopia Forums and will follow every rule to make sure I don't break them! Thank you for your time and good luck to everyone! -Mew

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    Reason for edit: Forgot to include in a sentence.
    Uniquez_SLB, GreyNeo, Abiatha and 4 others like this.
  20. kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto

kazumi-Poesje Matsumoto Well-Known Member

I want Sam, Tara Veiled Neo or David Dow as moderator. Myself no.

Uniquez_SLB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.