1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

neotopia Avatar Reveal

Discussion in 'Avatars & Interactions' started by neocortex, Oct 28, 2014.

1. sarahlee242

sarahlee242 New In Town

lol. do you feel lucky punk!

Xotica Goddess likes this.
  2. sarahlee242

sarahlee242 New In Town

ok Spraymasta, breathe and take your finger of the caps lock. I hear ya though, da E-TARDS lol

3. Trigga_Trill24

Trigga_Trill24 New In Town

awesome cant wait for the finish touches

Haymaker Snoopy-Panda likes this.
  4. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Haymaker Snoopy-Panda New In Town

Hey, it's Trigga_Trill! :D

5. Xotica Goddess

Xotica Goddess Plebian

i think the avatar looks great considering them putting it together in such a short amount of time. it's going to get better. kovok isn't using the unreal engine 4, r they? did kovok say anything about having a community that can vote on shaping the virtual world they live in? i do like those things about neotopia and the avi here is great. neotopias avi is as good as kovoks and has better potential from what i understand cause of the unreal engine neotopia is using.

6. Roxy Jezabella

Roxy Jezabella New In Town

@Snoopy-panda- Did i say it was neotopia appartmant?....i think not.....I said it looks good if you "READ" the post prpoperly,.... Lmao.

7. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Yes Roxy, you said the apartment looked good then said that this world is going to look good so it might make some assume you thought it was the Neotopia apartment but it's all good ;)

8. Roxy Jezabella

^^ Well, mabe you should read it correctly before commenting on other peoples replies.

9. sarahlee242

sarahlee242 New In Town

yup sorry Haymaker she got u there man ;p i got Roxy meant unreal engine in general

10. Zeelot

Zeelot Squatter

Now that is fantastic work there! Looks amazing and yes that apartment looks very well done. The lighting and shading looks flawless.

11. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

My bad, Roxy, it's all good, lol.

12. Spooky-X-Mulder

Spooky-X-Mulder Squatter

One thread here showing praise for the video and another called "tough love" showing how much people dislike it LOL Well i gotta say im not impressed i was hoping for more, i realize its a work in progress but for waiting an entire campaign for a decent avatar and then on the last day of the kickstarter showing this doesnt cut it for me, not compared to whats out there and i know the ladies are a little disapointed theres no female avatar to check out. Hopefully the detail will improve in the months ahead but at least the default apartment looks amazing lol. Shows the power of unreal engine and whats possible, just wish the devs put more time and effort into creating a finished polished avatar to view before they started the kickstarter, would have made one hell of a difference.

But dont stop now keep polishing it with more detail and reveal it again in a few months.

13. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Yup, no need to give up because if this gets created, it could be quite an epic virtual world and I think the PS4 is so fitting for it and I know others will agree.

teentekken and Xotica Goddess like this.
  14. Roxy Jezabella

I suggest we begin another "60" day kickstarter campaign if possible, lets face it,... there was nowhere near enough interest or exsposure created for neotopia on home and elsewhere in the first place....regardless of the outcome of todays video...Now is when the kickstarter should be starting, as the word is out.

15. Haymaker Snoopy-Panda

Yup, not to mention quite a few weren't aware of how Kickstarter worked. Madmunki thought they did but that wasn't the case.

16. Lianara

Lianara Citizen

I agree with you here on the part with "now keep polishing it...". The avatar needs to look better for promoting. But i dont think it will take them a few month (*waves pole towards dave).
    But then i dont understand your "die-hards" comment posted a bit later on tsunade's thread. What was your motivation? Please explain.

17. Lianara

Lianara Citizen

I honestly have to say that I am not impressed that much either.
    Thanks for putting out something though, and most definately thanks for putting the "work in progress" label on it :)
    The appartment from the unreal demo subset looks good and shows the power of what could be done.
    The avatar from heads down looks deformed, almost making it look cartoonish in my opinion.
    For me a virtual world gets me for 80% if i can visually relate to my avatar. So at this stage the avatar wont do it for me. Oh and thanks for not putting a female character out in that style. I dont want to imagine her looks, haha.
    So, that being said i am with tsunade and every other one saying for promotional use this video is, eerh, well, useless.
    So lets see what happens next. I am still with neotopia :)

TSUNADE1224 and Seminole like this.
  18. PSX4-ONE

PSX4-ONE Squatter

Yeah the avatar looks cool and can't imagine with all the details in the final product. Although the apartment was not made by madmunki, it is still impressive on what the apartment looks like in UE4, I know madmunk will do similar and better aparments but that's just WOW!

19. Darwin Merlotte

Darwin Merlotte New In Town

Some people are forgetting that the avatar is most probably around 6 foot with a muscular body. He could aswell be an 'American Football' player. The average height avatar may look better. I wonder how the female avatar would look ^^

20. Arwen

Arwen Resident

Will it be possible for you to post updated pictures on the work as it progresses?