1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

MODERATION?

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Spooky-X-Mulder, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Spooky-X-Mulder

Spooky-X-Mulder Squatter

i saw the post and liked it ...ALOT. a jail for abusers is a great idea. say first offence you have to spend an hour on online time in the jail lol 2nd offence 2 hours. AND you have to serve it before you can continue playing in the world LOL. annnnd. we should all be able to visit the jail and laugh at the person to disgrace them a little more LMFAO ok maybe not that last part but still i love your idea.

2. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

I am sure they will have plenty of watchful eyes over the community of Neotopia once it launches. It will be interesting to see if they go with visible mods or hidden ones such as Sony did in home. I much rather they stand out so users will know they are being watched.

Strong Lover likes this.
  3. CoDeNaMeBLiSS

CoDeNaMeBLiSS New In Town

Welcome Moz!

4. racerzx84

racerzx84 New In Town

I have an alternate that i use when i just want to play mini games or explore or just dont feel like socializing and dont want to offend anyone.also having the ability to change genders helps if u were filming.my wife and i buy items for both but we arent out trolling or playing any kind of head game.

5. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

Topia Jail # of offence = hours in Topia Jail , hah :)

MIKEYSEVEN likes this.
  6. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

How about first offence = 1 week, 2nd offence = 2 weeks, and so on.. and while you are in TopiaJail you can only interact with other prisoners. Lol

MIKEYSEVEN likes this.
  7. NissaRaven

NissaRaven Squatter

Not much of a deterrent if your interacting with others lol

8. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

Maybe have them in dark room where they can only see what each other types and put them in solitary confinement if they do an offence while in jail. Lol XD

MIKEYSEVEN likes this.
  9. StealingHearts

StealingHearts New In Town

In my opinion, Neotopia should be kept PG. 18+ or adult areas with no/lesser censorship and moderation is an incredibly flawed idea. Adults could quite easily be partaking in sexual conversations with underage users. If you thought these particular areas could verify the age listed on your PSN account before allowing entrance that is also a flawed idea. It is very easy to lie about your age when creating a PSN account. What would happen if an underage user listed a false age when creating their PSN account, entered these adult servers and began sexually conversing with an adult?
    Underage users could lie about their age regardless, but designating adult areas that allow lewd conversations to take place is essentially increasing the risk of an unknowing adult user to partake in sexual conversations with an underage user. This is a HUGE no-no.
    Moderation, censorship and keeping all servers family friendly is essential.

10. Ren_Echo

Ren_Echo Resident

In regards to moderation on Home, one of the old HCVs posted that the mods were dealing with up to 10,000 reports a week. Getting your avatar danced on, while annoying, is not a TOS violation but that sort of thing gets reported all the time and the mods have to review each report. As far as actual bannings go, Tempest_Fire posted that they were reluctant to ban consoles because several different people may use the same PS3. I guess I can understand that but I also think it would be a great deterrent. When the rest of the household finds that they can't access their content for a while because one of them got banned, I imagine they won't be to happy with that person.

11. Your_Empress

Your_Empress Happy and free!

Age verification is possible, but not through PSN. This is Madmunki's project not Sony. It is *not* going to be run the way Sony did PlayStation Home, but Sony will benefit greatly from it if it comes to fruition on there PS4 system. Private spaces and private clubs that allow adult interactions will be up to the community in a vote, as for now I'm done commenting on this topic.

Love Enchantress likes this.
  12. Your_Empress

If Neotopia requires PS Plus to play, as most online PS4 games will. At least, rest assured it will cost the those lacking in social skills and the haters a lot of money to keep making new ID names and thus new PS Plus subscriptions. The PS Plus requirement will eliminate a lot of that, but PS Plus doesn't guarantee anything about a users age unfortunately, so Madmunki will have to implement another method if "adult areas" continue to be in demand for this.

13. Your_Empress

This is mentioned in detail in the following thread: http://neotopia.co/community/forum/suggestions/5355-please-allow-us-to-become-invisible-to-trolls

14. Your_Empress

The "rules" depend on several factors. The rating of the game, whether it is PG-13 as Home was or M for Mature. It also depends on who backs the game, Madmunki will be backing the game, not Sony. So the rules will be somewhat different than what it was for Home. PSN's rules vary by the rating and who backs the game or in this case, the virtual world.

15. Your_Empress

This also encourages the users who think it is great to be "hated". there are many foolish people out there, remember that Neotopia will be free to play, everybody won't have an investment in it.

Often "jails" in a virtual world backfire. Suspension works much better, especially if limited by having to pay for PS Plus through an alternate id!

Strong Lover likes this.
  16. Your_Empress

Or the same thing except just a complete suspension from being able to access neotopia altogether.

Strong Lover likes this.
  17. Your_Empress

If PS Plus is required to play Neotopia, it will eliminate a lot of alternate use and keep the trolling down.

Banning an entire PS system is not a good idea because of that exact fact, many users may play on one system. Only if that system is used to disturb the world through destructive hacks such as freezing or stealing should it be "bricked".

Strong Lover likes this.
  18. Ren_Echo

Ren_Echo Resident

The problem with that is there is nothing to keep them from making account after account which is what happened on Home. I don't think a perma ban is needed for every day infractions but a few days off for that PS3/4 might be appropriate. It may not be fair to the other users on that system but I think they would put pressure on the offender not to do it again.

I agree with you on the freezers though. A MAC address ban would have ended a lot of the trouble we encountered on Home.

19. neocortex

neocortex neocortex Administrator Moderator Developer

We've got some thoughts on moderation that we'll be sharing with you all very soon :)

Strong Lover likes this.
  20. Strong Lover

Strong Lover Plebian

Neotopia will not require PS Plus to play, but citizenship or higher could be a requirement for certain things. Citizenship will be required to vote. They could offer certain things after the fact such as "leveling up" by making an additional investment into neotopia. People who invest in neotopia are less likely to troll neotopia. Simple fact.