1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Let us know when we're blocked

Discussion in 'Moderation & Restrictions' started by JR1, Oct 5, 2014.

1. JR1

JR1 Plebian

It would be nice to know when someone has blocked you. I think the worst thing about Home/PSN is that you don't know when you're blocked. For instance, when someone sneakydeletes you, you wonder why because they didn't tell you (sneakydeleters). Personally, I like to ask people why they deleted me. Now I will only send 2 messages, 1 to ask why & 1 out of curiosity that they got the first one. So my point is, if there were some sort of message that told us we were blocked when we sent a message to ask that person, we would know not to send a second one. I don't know who's in charge of any of that, but I thought I would get that idea out there.

2. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Yea,

I totally want this feature, on the middle or top right it should say "{Persons Name Here} Has blocked you from communication"
    That would be one nice feature to see. :)

3. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

Sounds like a good feature

Love Enchantress likes this.
  4. StealingHearts

StealingHearts New In Town

It could be nice if people would not abuse the knowledge that they have been blocked (Such as going onto an alt account and spamming them with hate messages).

I have actually had this problem before! I tend to tell people when I am blocking them (If it’s due to harassment or incredibly creepy things they have said to me) hoping that they may not waste any more time attempting to contact me further, only to have them go onto an alt account and barrage me with messages from that account.

One girl went so far as to create around 5 new accounts to continue harassing me because each time I would tell her, “I’m blocking this account too.”

Perhaps after the second time I should have kept my mouth shut about blocking her and let her waste her time sending me messages from a blocked account ;-) but my point is, this would be wonderful IF people would not abuse the knowledge of being blocked.

5. Love Enchantress

Love Enchantress My love is forever...

Neotopians

I agree, being able to see who blocked you will backfire.

It's better that both the blocker and the blocked disappear completely from each others view. until then, don't show who has you blocked, they don't respond like a normal person? move on n let go.

Strong Lover likes this.
  6. JR1

JR1 Plebian

I agree that for the most part, when you block someone, there is a valid reason & that person you blocked would get nutty about it. They will try anything to get back in contact w/you.(which is why you deleted & blocked to begin with) But on ps4 I believe you have to PAY FOR PLUS to get online. I cant imaging anyone spending money on several accounts just to harass another person over getting blocked. Although, there are some crazy ppl out there w/more money than brains that would do this, the majority of us just want to know why "Jane Doe" deleted & blocked for no apparent reason. I, for 1, try to learn from my mistakes & knowing what fault(or not) I may have bestowed on someone would set my mind at ease. Too much stress in life w/o having the lingering thought that you may have said or done something "friend killing" that you didn't realize you did.
    Believe me, I know what it's like to have someone so obsessed w/you that they "clone" a friend's ID & from their phone app or another ps3 send you weird msgs pretending to be that friend(usually while watching you). It is very disturbing, not only that someone would do that, but that somehow that same person lives out there in the real world somewhere w/o getting locked up. Some ppl online seriously have more time than sense on their hands. I kinda feel sorry for them, but I don't have any degrees in psychology, so I cant help them.
    Personally, when I delete someone, I give a valid reason for why (a Dear Jane/John letter, if you will) & don't feel it necessary to block them.(unless they get silly w/spamming messages afterwards) I suppose this is one of those debates that has equal value plus or minus issues, so I'll agree to disagree.

7. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

I agree with Love Enchantress. Out of sight out of mind, Hopefully the one you blocked moves on and leaves you alone.

8. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

Letting someone know that they blocked you defeats the purpose. By letting them know you blocked them, makes them find out other ways to annoy you such as sending you a message via XMB.

If they don't know you blocked them; they'll end up with giving up as you don't give them any attention or replies.

9. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

Being able to see the person who blocked you from PSN really defeats the purpose. When someone has blocked you, and/or if you are on the person's friendslist, and when they deleted you and/or block you, it is best to move on, and find other friends. Who knows, if the person that deleted you wants to add you back on PSN as a friend and unblock you, that's their choice. But, if they don't want you to be their friend, oh well. The best thing to do is move on.

iNocturnal likes this.
    1. iNocturnal
      Exactly , in addition if the person is informed about being blocked it'll cause more conflict

iNocturnal, Dec 4, 2014
      teentekken likes this.
  10. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

@Nocturnal I totally agree with you. It will bring more conflict if the person is informed that he/she has been blocked.