1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Ideas for Public Spaces!

Discussion in 'Public & Private Spaces' started by Six, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Six

Six ♚Übermensch♚

So an interesting concept came to mind, and I am wanting to hear the feed back of others. Since Neotopia is suppose so thoroughly based around the community. I think it would be an amazing feature to have personal spaces listed in the same way public ones are. This would make it much more appealing to buy furniture,and decorate spaces if you were capable of showing them off to random users who wanted to visit. This would also add to player organized events and clubs(e.g. Cosplay events, holiday parties, club HQ/hangout, role players, etc.). There could be owner exclusive features to make room management easier such as setting the room to complete public(no password, no request, anyone can visit), password lock, request entry lock and choosing wether it kicks users or they can stay after the owner has left, thumbnail for the apartment, kicking other players from the room who misbehaved, completely banning repeat offenders, along with giving trusted members the ability to do the same. Also decorative dividers and doors that only the owner and people choice by the owner are able to open for V.I.P. areas and such. Feel free to post any of your own suggestions you think would be interesting for personal spaces. PS. My bad meant to title it personal spaces not public lol.

XxguthiX likes this.
  2. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

I don't understand, can you explain in other words please?

3. meekgeek93

meekgeek93 New In Town

If you have ever played games like imvu on the pc, I think Six is suggesting something like that. It would be cool and definitly give users initiative to buy personal spaces and decorate them. I know this sounds cheesy but that was something I liked about the Facebook game YoVille. They had public events for parties and stuff and you could visit users houses and random parties. it can be hard to make friends even online for some of us with all these cliques, fams, and clubs. What Six is suggesting would make it easier to meet people and inspire creativity :p

4. Six

Six ♚Übermensch♚

Sure, basically you know how you when you want to visit a public space on Home? You go to a list of public spaces and tap on the one you want, well I'm suggesting doing the same for personal spaces, having it so if you want to look at personal spaces people have made, you go to a list and can look through popular personal spaces people have made. Unlike on Home where only friends can visit personal spaces.

5. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Oh right, that's a good way to show off apartments and also an easier way to get to that apartment to give Kudos rating, I like this idea and thank you for making it clear to me, haha

6. Six

Six ♚Übermensch♚

My bad meant to write that as a reply, lol just read what I wrote below.

7. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

It's fine haha

8. Six

Six ♚Übermensch♚

No problem, and I never actually thought of that, kudos could be applied to the personal apartments.

9. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Well, it's been announced already, we will have a kudos system, rating items and apartments

10. Six

Six ♚Übermensch♚

Yes, that is exactly what I'm purposing, something similar to what they have on imvu and thanks for the help clarifying. :p lol

11. Six

Six ♚Übermensch♚

Oh I know, all I meant was I just never thought of applying it to that and how useful the kudos system would be to it.

12. meekgeek93

meekgeek93 New In Town

No problemo, Broskii

13. Kusanagi Motoko

Kusanagi Motoko New In Town

14. ladybug17

ladybug17 Member

Ooooh, like a free open house? I like this idea a lot!

In Home they would have some spaces as open house, and sometimes I suspect some that weren't open house had flaws that they didn't want you knowing til you bought, lol. Some spaces I read about I would have really liked to visit without buying. Sometimes visiting a space before owning inspires you, like you start envisioning your furniture in it and then you buy it. Other spaces may sound appealing, but then you buy it and realize it is not really "you". So this is a fantastic suggestion that I hope they implement!