1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Harmless Glitching Vs. Harmful Exploits

Discussion in 'Moderation & Restrictions' started by Shadow-Runner, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

Where my glitcha's at? LOL. Seriously tho, I think glitching in Neotopia should be ok. As long as it isnt GAME BREAKING OR DISRUPTING someone elses enjoyment and experience. Glitching up on chairs, benches and tables....rails, trees or other objects in the environment seems fine, to me. It's harmless. And if people wanna glitch outside the maps in PERSONAL SPACES....that should be okay, too. If you pay for it....even just to rent it under a licence...you should be able to do what you want with it WITHIN REASON. Im just sayin. Neotopia will be a brand new virtual world. At launch, you already know theres gonna be people tryin to look for glitches and exploits. That being said, any sort of exploit that causes a server to freeze or crash...or boot people offline...or any kind of PC application that enables mod tools or IP sniffing...should be patched out and dealt with IMMEDIATELY. Violators caught using such exploits after a patch or fix has been implemented, should be dealt with SWIFTLY and HARSHLY....regardless if the exploit can be patched or not. IP Sniffing should not be condoned, under ANY circumstances. There is no justifiable reason inside or outside or Neotopia, for aquiring someone's IP address...regardless of the legalities involved. Anyone caught and proven to be practicing this malicious behavior...should be banished from the platform and community, forever. There should be a harsh, zero tolerance policy for these violations. That's just MY thought's on the matter. ^_-

2. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

We had to deal with hackers (and I use that term loosely) and modders in Home for a very LONG time. Several years. We begged and pleaded to Sony and the Home management staff to neutralize this threat on numerous occassions...and never got satisfactory results. These people have quickly become a cancer upon the platform...and play a huge role in Home's ultimate demise. I would prefer NOT to be dealing with the same BS all over again, in Neotopia.

Thank Gawd the PS4 hasnt been jailbroken yet, for I fear when it finally does....we will see the return of modders and hackers on Neotopia...in full force.

3. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

I love glitching up onto things and finding new glitches. Small glitches like these are harmless. If they release neotopia on PS4 you wont have to worry about freezing or IP sniffing :)

MIKEYSEVEN likes this.
  4. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

I get where you are getting at, but human nature is want and want if you are keep your mindset on the world. These people will glitch one thing and want to glitch more and more which is what happened with ps home literally!!! Almost if not everyone has a JB ps3 just for home. I remember when people didn't even know how to pose and coin toss. So in the end if we are able to get flying and jumping and stuff; I really don't see any reason to have glitching.

[​IMG]

5. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

I want to fly around neotopia ! :)

MIKEYSEVEN likes this.
  6. Ransom_Stark

Ransom_Stark New In Town

The way I see it, Glitching, is just what it is, Glitching.
    You find a way too, You do it. Even dev's put lil eater egg's in they're locations for glitchers that got out of they're maps. That's the fun in doing it.
    Does everyone remember the Nude avi's using the active cam on certain spots in Juggernauts "Cutteridge Estate" before that got patched, Or the headless glitches.
    Fun times, Fun times.

7. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I love glitches as well. Some see it as an art because once you glitch a space you get to have fun designing your space with furniture. So I don't see any harm in being able to glitch environments and furniture glitching.

8. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Imo I don't think Glitching will be necessary and it's reportable, well on Home that is, let's see if it is on Neotopia

9. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I'm not sure if it will be on neotopia since they aren't sony but still would be nice to have as an option for fun.

10. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

I think they will put a few glitches here and there; and let us find them :)

11. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Honestly there were harmless glitches that Sony took away that was ok to do like freeze avi glitch maybe some glitches could be accepted. I agree, but some glitches were also your for bad things so I'm not sure. I dont like glitches so I'm not really to sure if glitches are acceptable period. :)

12. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

Well...if were keeping it on the real....ALL glitches should be patched, to help create a more stable platform. That's really the main point behind a Beta, in the first place - to find and report all bugs, exploits and glitches to the development staff...for the betterment of the entire platform. So when the full product launches, you dont have a service that's crippled by flaws and malfunctions. But like I said....if it's something like being able to wiggle up onto a table or bench, I really dont see no harm in it.

13. PSX4-ONE

PSX4-ONE Squatter

Lol why glitch on the virtual world when u can do it live right now? go ahead...get on top of your desk or bed or table right now, you'll see...I'm not lying! just don't drop from the roof of your house, you WILL get hurt!!

Mikasa Elly likes this.
  14. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

lmao,

PSX4 has a good point, but in all talk glitching is a bad thing in a game, but it is also fun. I'm appose of letting them keep harmless glitches but they will be patched soon to make the game more fun. :)

15. Whetsit Tuya

Whetsit Tuya New In Town

I can put up with people glitching outside of the map to go to a secret location, but one of the things that killed Home was how everyone would spend every second of the day standing on top of some random object doing the 'Attention' pose until their PS3 YLODs.

16. Whetsit Tuya

Whetsit Tuya New In Town

If Neotopia has flying it'll be a piece of crap just like Second Life.

17. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Been glitching since 2008 and never looked back getting on rail and benches so much fun I never (hacked) mall items. Not once Was so mad when gave us gravity in 1.20 no more pop glitches I do hope Neotopia has some Easter eggs for us glitches to find that one thing I love about home

18. Homer

Homer Homer Sapiens

Maybe even implement some of them , like the "Bird on a Wire" glitch we used 2 have in Sodium .
    We actually got rewarded for doing this glitch !

Just think of them as challenges , not flaws in the system ;)

VickyYoshikawa likes this.
  19. Spraymasta

Spraymasta New In Town

What I would like to know is if we the users of Neotopia report such people will they be dealt with harshly? They should seeing as they will be bringing down the community and scaring off new citizens. I'm not talking about some Namby pamby e-mail warning them. Such egregious offenses should lead to a complete ban from the network.
    I preached for years on how the freezing and harmful glitching would be the downfall of Home.
    And also how if you do nothing but chase freebies and dont contribute at least a little...well it's like not paying your share of the rent. You don't contribute to the electric bill what happens? They pull the plug.

20. PreyMantis

PreyMantis New In Town

I will say that one of my proudest achievements when I first started on Home was learning to stand on the benches at Central Plaza. A simple but harmless glitch, it became apparent to me that even Sony had no real issue with it and recognized it's appeal. It was still there for a while even after CP was gone and Hunters vs Yetis occupied that space ... but I'm just as happy with a well conceived public interactive space and don't have a need to have glitches to exploit. Just me.