1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Don't split it into regions

Discussion in 'Moderation & Restrictions' started by Tubifex-90, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Tubifex-90

Tubifex-90 Home Addict ^_^

Hey. One of the most annoying thing about Home was the need of several psn accounts if you wanted to visit other region spaces or friends who were not on your region. So I'm asking please don't make the same mistake. Maybe create some community lounges for certain languages like Sony did on EU Home. But the overall neotopia should be region free in my eyes.

xDaMoOnMaNx, NeoHelper and Greenshade like this.
  2. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

3. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Yea Neotopia might not have region lock. Hopefully not, but if they do then that'll be horrible... If they make different regions, but need to buy a ticket to go there it would be nice i wouldn't mind paying to go to a different region on just one account to visit then go back to my region whenever i wanted :)

xDaMoOnMaNx likes this.
  4. Your_Empress

Your_Empress Happy and free!

I agree with this. It is unwise to split Neotopia into regions, if copyright issues come into effect then it will be better to just leave those items out.

5. NissaRaven

NissaRaven Squatter

I think this was asked in the Q and A at spunland today and from what was said neotopia would have to be region based.

xDaMoOnMaNx and NeoHelper like this.
  6. Tubifex-90

And you probably will need ps plus as well to start it... So basically in order to visit all regions you will have to make several accounts again, get ps plus on all of them and pay for same item twice if you wanna have it on your other regions account? Seriously? We had that crap already going on with Home and they really wanna make the same mistake again? That really sucks lol. Didn't they say something about listening to the community? But I guess community doesn't matter when it comes to making money...

7. NissaRaven

NissaRaven Squatter

I think it's more to do with regional legalities but don't quote me on this. I just remember it being said that at the moment it isn't feasible.

8. Tubifex-90

They don't have to sell all items on all regions. And it's totally fine to have some region specific events and spaces. But a few PERMANENT gobal spaces should be possible as well. We have seen it on Home. But they never did a permanent one. It's obviously they want people to have several accounts because more accounts means more money. (Which is a scam in my eyes.) I don't know of any other game where you would need a specific account to play with someone from another region. So all games can manage it and even Home has a few times already. But why not neotopia?

9. manga_boy09

manga_boy09 New In Town

I think that it should be region free however, one of things i did enjoy on home was going the Japanese home plaza. i think there should be different plazas for people to choose from in a region free neotopia

10. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

If there has to be separate regions of Neotopia, Hopefully we can buy stuff and it be converted when we pay. It was always a pain to have to purchase a EU card. And my friends in EU would have to get an US cards.

11. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

It would be great to see everyone in one place. So who knows what is to come for us!!!
    #MayorMoon #WardenMoon

[​IMG]

12. NeoResident

NeoResident Squatter

I hope Neotopia can overcome the region issue. It is ackward having different accounts for different regions.

If regions are necessary, can't we enter through our region gateway into one Neotopia? If content can be standardised then nothing needs to be locked away. We should have one world.

And yes, there should be community lounges dedicated to different languages.

13. Tura Satana

Tura Satana Squatter

I have to say.. Some sort of regional gateway, as mentioned above, would be an amazing idea, if it's possible. Because let's face it. The regions are almost certainly gonna have to be split.. And having multiple accounts on PS4 is a financial nightmare.

Though I really don't see regional division as being a huge deal, as long as if like Home, friends from other regions can still visit our personal spaces and clubhouses. I mean it's not like we won't be able to interact with them at all.

14. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

Good idea about a region gateway. Neotopian Hub and a few others, would let EU and NA members to hang out without a new PSN account. :cool:

15. Brises

Brises New In Town

It has to do with the fact that different countries have different laws. They don't have much choice in the matter.

Seminole likes this.
  16. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I've answered this once before in a thread Guthi posted above. You all have to keep in mind Neotopia will be using your PSN ID to first authenticate through the PSN network regardless if they choose to assign an additional Neotopia name attached to your PSN ID. With that being said Neotopia would have to then create some "hub or bridge" to link both EU / NA regions together. Yes PSHome had public spaces that bridged EU & NA together and you could also invite someone from a different region to your personal space. They would have to make every public space a "bridged" space in order to accomplish this. They would have to make sure both regions received the same download as well so we all connected to the same server at once. So the question is will they make Neotopia a region-free game? I'm sure there's a method out there that I'm unaware of but I'm just brainstorming. Why wasn't PS Home region free? Was it because certain mini-games or items from developers had exclusive rights to that particular region?

Love Enchantress likes this.
  17. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Wasn't it region free early on? Think Japan didn't like how others came and harassed so they closed all region hopping. Seems like I heard that once. Could be wrong.

18. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I'm not sure

Love Enchantress likes this.
  19. Tura Satana

Tura Satana Squatter

That sounds like rubbish to me.

20. Tura Satana

Tura Satana Squatter

The fact is they are different continents with different cultures, laws, and views of what is popular or acceptable in society. This is why they are handled separately.