1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Cross-region servers?

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by bestscreenname, Sep 28, 2014.

1. bestscreenname

bestscreenname Marshmallow

Hi, I watched the introduction video and heard you guys say this will be for NA and EU. I'm just wondering will the EU users stick to EU servers and NA to NA, or will this run on cross-region servers? Thanks.

Love Enchantress likes this.
  2. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

We haven't been informed yet, It'd be nice if they were merged together =)

3. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

Cross region is a PS Home thing, never seen it on other games. So I am dooubting.

4. Neotopia

Neotopia Administrator Administrator

Hi, cross-region access is something we would love to do but need to investigate further, there are some technological as well as legal boundaries (different content laws, etc.) but hopefully we'll be able to do it in some form, we will keep you posted!

5. AlboGodZ

AlboGodZ Squatter

I've only seen PS Home with region lock, other games like GTA and The Sims has no region lock it's all cross region..

6. Spooky-X-Mulder

Spooky-X-Mulder Squatter

I ABSOLUTLEY DO NOT WANT A COMBINED REGION!!! if an american or canadian has ever visited uk home they will find nothing but german and spanish text smothering the chat box. Irratating for an english speaker. Whichever region u siign up for the srevice with is where you should have to play imo. No offence meant to other cultures but i dont wanna psend my day deciphering german or hitting ignore on 100 forign text typers.

7. Jakemo

Jakemo Squatter

That's an easy fix, have seperate plaza spaces for different languages. IE an English plaza, Spanish, German, Arabic, etc. Something that would be easy to find when navigating and would prevent people from going to a server and not being able to converse with everyone.

8. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Yeah, like the community spaces on Home

9. Spooky-X-Mulder

Spooky-X-Mulder Squatter

true but then u have 7 or 8 of every space just for language barriers. Kind of clutters of a navigator doncha think?

10. Jakemo

Jakemo Squatter

It doesn't have to be that way for every space. Take the Hub for example, if you were to make several Hubs with different languages, a lot of people would congregate there. I mean, even in NA Home there are spaces where people that speak other languages are bound to show up. I've met german speaking people at Konami, and several other places where i've met both arabic and spanish speaking people. You do see it more in the Europe server but we have it in america as well. I guess I don't understand why it would bother you so much.

11. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Is there any chance Japan will be getting this too Or Is it just EU and Na ?

12. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

It's only EU and NA, would be nice is JP got it too since I love it there

13. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Yeah I spent the most in japan Would use there severs to learn Japanese more and they always had the most nicest group of people and events

14. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

100% agreed

15. MIKEYSEVEN

MIKEYSEVEN Squatter

It should be a cross region virtual world. This will make it easier to meet people from other countries and interact with foreign neotopians.

16. CoDeNaMeBLiSS

CoDeNaMeBLiSS New In Town

Id want it cross region . Only for the fact that we dont have to log on to other accounts just to go see all the new stuff or play other games they may have in EU ..

17. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

We'll maybe have a vote for it soon, who knows

18. bestscreenname

bestscreenname Marshmallow

i've always thought Home should've been open region at the core, like your plaza/hub, bowling etc but certain areas for certain regions/cultures. Would've been cool.

19. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

Interesting question.

[HR][/HR]ⓧⒹⓐⓂⓞⓄⓝⓂⓐⓃⓧ [HR][/HR]

20. CrazieAnime

CrazieAnime New In Town

there could be a hang out areas for people to meet up and keep the store locked out of the way from people in different regions having simple but nice areas with no branding