1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Character models?

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by bestscreenname, Sep 29, 2014.

1. bestscreenname

bestscreenname Marshmallow

I'm curious what the avatars will look like in neotopia. Would you say they are similar to Home's avatars or more of a cartoonish Avakin/Mii look? When do you think we'll be able to see some character models?
    Thanks.

2. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

We'll probably get to see our models during Beta

3. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

I know I for one can't wait to see what clothes and avatars will look like on the ps4 Just cant wait at all ^_^

4. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

I hope the avatars look more like pshome avatars but only more detailed with the better graphics. I personally don't like the Avakin cartoon look or even the cartoon look like xbox has for their avatars. I think pshome looked more real and adult like. I hope they stick with pshome feel but allow more customization settings.

5. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

I agree with you Seminole, PShome like avatars please!

6. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

I want avatars like this ^_^ Btw This is my Second life avatar for anyone wondering :)

7. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

Is that IMVU?

8. XenoChimaera

XenoChimaera New In Town

The way the avatars look and the customization options made available to us will most definitely determine whether or not I will buy into this. A better than Home-like avatar would be preferable. Anything overly cute or cartoonish wouldn't entice me to be an active member.

9. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

No It second Life ^^

10. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

I like the images of the Avatar Vicky, but I'd like to see what Neotopia Avatars will come out as, It's nice to see something different, but at the same time, Home-like Avatars

VickyYoshikawa likes this.
  11. bestscreenname

Same, it's the crucial deciding factor for me and I hope they can at least give us a rough idea/model before the kickstarter goes live.

12. sorrow-US

sorrow-US New In Town

personaly i use DAZ3D, PoserPRO and renderosity, i know u can import models ( textures, rigs, bones) from daz/poser in Studio max or blender & vis versa! (idk bout Zbrush)
    You can build a "bibliotheque with studiomax/daz and use it in unreal engine4 tools?
    Imo, the daz avatar creator is realy a good way (after a little simplification) to implment in NEOTOPIA! UE4 & PS4 are enought powerfull to use PERFECT models!!!

13. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

Great question.

[HR][/HR]ⓧⒹⓐⓂⓞⓄⓝⓂⓐⓃⓧ [HR][/HR]

14. Superman1284

Superman1284 New In Town

I think what is most appealing is realism. Even the imaginary things like fairy wings and such should be executed in a realistic manner. Don't know how detailed it can be but would like to see the essentials at least. Essentials like anatomy, proportions, textures, lighting and animations. As long as those elements are taken into consideration and the base is appealing, add ons following the same principles will be excellent. Am interested on seeing how they can make ideas reflect reality.

15. Superman1284

Superman1284 New In Town

Agreed. I would assume they've been tinkering with concepts for character models. My preference is realism. Would suggest a variety of body types to chose from and customize rather than one stock body type. As long as they all coincide with one another in game and don't appear awkward interacting with one another.

16. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

I agree with the general consensus here, on character models. Keep em as real and life-like as possible. I can even entertain the idea of some exotic presets, such as demonic...vampiric...alien humanoid. But nothing cartooney. Nothing like Free Realms or Mii-verse or IMVU. Anything that even remotely resembles a toddler's imagination, will ultimately result in me bouncing faster than a hot check . LOL

17. neocortex

neocortex neocortex Administrator Moderator Developer

Hi guys, neotopia will have a variety of avatars, we're big on customization and want to make sure people get the opportunity to express themselves in the way that they want. In general avatars will be lifelike rather than WiiMii's or Avakin for example, with graphics enhanced for PS4. We will be updating throughout the campaign with more visuals, etc. so please bear with us!

18. bestscreenname

Thank you for the response. I'm glad to hear you won't be going the cartoonish route.

19. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

Yes thank you as well for agreeing to keep the avatars lifelike :)

20. sorrow-US

sorrow-US New In Town

[video=youtube;oQDk07mMKrs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQDk07mMKrs[/video]

[video=youtube;9MM9m0rfPVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MM9m0rfPVE[/video]

[video=youtube;Ales2ugEMOw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ales2ugEMOw[/video]

VickyYoshikawa and XxguthiX like this.