1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Baked in furniture with a side question about clubs.

Discussion in 'Public & Private Spaces' started by tallsloguy, Nov 7, 2014.

1. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Wondering about peoples views on backed in furniture vs no backed in furniture. Would you prefer apts to have usable seating, beds, kitchen tables with chairs? Would that interfere with decorating to much? Also wondered if clubs could use regular apts without creating separate clubhouses. Could buying a club give you the items clubhouses have to use in regular apts, like bulletin boards, or video screen. Would that allow regular apts to have higher guest count if clubhouses are out of the picture?

Seminole likes this.
  2. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

I think the combination of both would work best. Allow us to decorate the apartments as much as we want while also giving us some stuff pre built into the space. On the note of clubs and apartments being single units. I don't see an issue with that. there could be an option to turn a regular house into a club house with the flip of a switch. That way we can use any place as a club if we wanted to do so. Maybe even turn it off when we want to. Say we want to hold an event and need a club so we open our apartment to have club based options then after the event we can turn the club based option off to not allow people into the house unless invited into like a regular apartment.

tallsloguy likes this.
  3. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

Wow that sounds like a great idea Steve. Being able to switch our personal spaces into a club. Then it would also switch over to our club settings too. I agree that having a combination of both pre-loaded furniture yet still being able to decorate freely would be nice. I love having as many options as possible.

tallsloguy likes this.
  4. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

I figured with an apt being turned into a club pic frames would have to be off. But that's based on homes clubhouses. I'm not a club owner on home so i don't know to much on their workings. One of the reasons i like baked in furniture is table and chairs. Getting chairs positioned around tables was a chore. Always had to adjust them for people sitting in them. and then they were usually far away or turned at an angle. With backed in it could be made to show us pulling a chair out and siting.

5. Carla Birch

Carla Birch Squatter

Here is some info on Personal Spaces and Clubhouses in Home and how they work.

Personal Spaces: They run from the owners PS3, this is why the limit is set to 12 people max to factor in people with slow internet speeds being the host, this is also why you can only go to a user's personal space when the owner is their because they are the server host. Photo frames load the images direct from the hosts PS3.

Clubhouses: They are hosted on the sony Home servers, this is why they have a higher limit of 32 because they don't have to worry about a low internet speed being an host. This is also why you can go to them at anytime because they are hosted on the Home servers and don't need the owner to be there. They don't have photo frame support, because that would mean sony would have to host the images on their servers and that opens up legal problems with copyrights and laws on ownership and who is accountable for any images that break the law within some parts of the EU. Plus they would have to have mod's to check all images uploaded to find any bad images. So its a big overhead cost, thats why EU never got them.

With Neotopia, it would be good if personal spaces run direct from the servers so you could invite more people to them, they should have a setting to set the access to the space from private (Invite only), mates only (Any of the owners mates can enter at anytime) or public (Anyone on Neotopia can enter it), to get around the the legal problem with photo frames, you can make use of flickr api and other image hosting sites to pull images from your accounts on them sites to the photo frames.

6. Seminole

Seminole Resigned

Wow thx for the info Carla :)

7. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

Thanks for the info Carla. Learned a lot from that. Here I thought Sony didn't let us visit any apt cause it would be like owning it without buying it. With ps4 not being able to save pics to it, they may rely on we b servise. Think Avakin lets you visit others apt if they have it set to public. Most pc worlds do to.

8. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

What would be good is to make our personal spaces into a public gathering where people can join random servers that the personal space owner owns and runs. Have partys, group meetings (they'll need the pass key to get in). :D

9. Carla Birch

Carla Birch Squatter

Yes Avakin personal spaces are on Lockwood's servers and work much in the same way that i feel Neotopia's should work in where you can set them from public or private, if public anyone can go to them and check out your space and what you have done with it and that rate it out of 5 stars.

10. tallsloguy

tallsloguy NeoKnight

They may be going that route with Neotopia. They have said we will be able to rate apts.