1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Another unsuccessful project

Discussion in 'General - Off Topic' started by Greenshade, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Greenshade

Greenshade Neotopian

I've just seen that Kovok's Project Nebula has been cancelled on their Kickstarter page. Another unsuccessful project and they only raised £4380 out of their £42k goal. What does this mean for the future of virtual worlds? :unsure:

Join forces with us Kovok :thumbsup:

teentekken, Abiatha and IzyWizzy like this.
  2. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

It was unsuccessful with Kick Starter yes, but they are still making it because they have a big backer backing them up with this project. So either way they are going to make the game.

Sam1knight and Abiatha like this.
  3. Greenshade

Greenshade Neotopian

I think they still had to reach their target though?

4. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Yea, but they had a backer before that. They don't always need kickstarter for backers. They just needed people to donate, but they have a side backer that's funding the whole thing. :)

Sam1knight likes this.
  5. Greenshade

Greenshade Neotopian

Lucky them :shifty:

Sam1knight likes this.
  6. Abiatha

Abiatha Petrolhead

I wish them all the best and I hope they have got the funding they need to get started - I didn't think their KS goal was big enough though - you wouldn't be able to do much with 42,000 I would have thought, idk.

Sam1knight likes this.
  7. JasonReso

JasonReso Resident citizen

Hopefully many who want to make a virtual world will join forces with Neotopia in the end. :cool:

8. teentekken

teentekken Mileena Loyalist

I am glad that they are kontinuing with their work, even though the KickStarter failed. I really want them to join forces with Atom Republic, Mad Munki, and Lockwood together to make an awesome Virtual World.

9. Darwin Merlotte

Darwin Merlotte New In Town

The project nebula is still coming to ps4 though as the backer is only interested in the ps4 platform.

teentekken, Sam1knight and Abiatha like this.
  10. Arwen

Arwen Resident

I thought the backer was only funding the PS4 part of the project and that anything else would be up to Kovok to get it started.
    Suppose we'll have to wait and see what will happen.

Abiatha and Sam1knight like this.
  11. Sam1knight

Sam1knight Life in Balence

I Hope that they never give up as we Neotopians wont, it best to always try, it like this flower inside of the glass they say all hope is lost but the little water it has and the seeds it save inside of it many flower will grow and surpass the glass it once was in closed is now free :)
    [​IMG]

Abiatha and GreyNeo like this.