1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Neotopia Suggestion Animation Clipping

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Artof5Rings, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Artof5Rings

Artof5Rings New Member

On Playstation Home, you could clip animations together. Any animation that moved just your hands such as Yawn, Thumbs Down, Wave, etc. could combine (clip) into animations that moved your feet such as Frustration, Yeah!, Spin/Twirl, Cheer, etc. These were all animations that came with your avi by default. In addition, clipping was possible with LMOs such as Toprock, U-Men, Fighting Animations, and etc. It's really neat to do this on Home and watch people animation clip. There is a small community that does this as a sport on Home.

I myself participate in dance battles on Home, just for fun. We use animation clipping to dance. If Neotopia could implement something simular to what Home did in terms of animation clipping, and make it a part of Neotopias design this would open up a world of possibilitys. Not just for Neotopia dancers, but for fashion modles and for people who do machinima. Fashion modles could pose with more variety. Actors could do actions otherwise not possible with LMOs, or the stock animations by themselves. Rather by clipping together what you already have, you can create something entirely new. If you haven't tried clipping on PlayStation Home, give it a try. You can message me on PSN to learn some animation clipping on Playstation Home if you would like. Artof5Rings is my PSN ID.

2. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Well there will be defaults in Neotopia it was already announced, Dance battles were fun to see on PSHome sadly that died off and turned into roastings, bootings, freezing lol... I like these ideas would be pretty cool to see a space where we can do dance battles and such... :)

Thanks for insisting to help others with Animation Clippings sounds like a awesome plan! :)
    Don't worry this kind of idea was suggested before and the defaults will be added but not like you said. There will be defaults like Pshome had but way better! :p

Abiatha and UncleSpun like this.
  3. Artof5Rings

Artof5Rings New Member

Lol. I know how the roastings were. People think if you talk smack you win, but I won more dance battles then possibly anyone on Home by being nice rather then smack talking. I hate that dance battleing died out, due to arguing. The dance battle club I own on Home's main rule was "No disrespect. Have fun." It would be neat if I could find some more respectful dancers, fashion modles, or those interested in machimia who share or want to learn about animation clipping. I usually teach at Theater 3, in US Home.

Abiatha likes this.
  4. EndingDemise

EndingDemise Click My Name to view my Blog!

I do like this :)

Abiatha likes this.
  5. Abiatha

Abiatha Petrolhead

Wow, I had no idea you could even do this! Thank you for enlightening me, Artof5Rings. Could you possibly post a video of some sort here showing the animation clipping - I don't go on to US Home very much unfortunately (and time is running out).

6. Arwen

Arwen Resident

l must have lived a sheltered virtual life :D, never came across that in Home, not in EU anyway.

Abiatha likes this.
  7. Abiatha

Abiatha Petrolhead

Lol, I think I must have too Arwen - I did keep to myself pretty much all the time, so hardly surprising I guess! Maybe it wasn't known about so much in EU.

8. Artof5Rings

Artof5Rings New Member

I could do a video on it. lol