1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Adult Themes And Content *POLL*

Discussion in 'Moderation & Restrictions' started by Shadow-Runner, Oct 8, 2014.

?

Alright...so this seems to be a hot topic on the boards, right now. I've seen points and counterpoin

1. Yes. As Long As It Was Executed Properly And Maintained Responsibly.

68.8%
  2. No. I Dont Want To See This On Neotopia.

31.3%
  1. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

Hmm. I like that.

Interesting idea. Hey, im all for it...if it means allowing everyone to have the experience they WANT to have. ^_^

Uniquez_SLB likes this.
  2. TSUNADE1224

TSUNADE1224 New In Town

Ok well thats you and not everyone feels the same.

Uniquez_SLB, Neona and Seminole like this.
  3. meekgeek93

meekgeek93 New In Town

This didn't stop Sony from allowing the "Bikinis" that look like dental floss and leave nothing to the imagination. And the Suggestive dances.
    I'm not saying "let's all support a giant orgy space" Lol.. Because that would be kind of sick... But allowing more adult content with restrictions is something I would support.

Uniquez_SLB likes this.
  4. Six

Six ♚Übermensch♚

This is true, but this was after Home had already become a very niche community, that they didn't have any interest in expanding. Do you recall seeing Sony marketing Home under the premise of sexual content when it was set to release? No, because they realized the controversy that would surround it and how it would cut their market in half(if not more). This thread is proof enough of this. I understand people want sexual content, but honestly it doesn't seem logical or beneficial for Neotopia at this moment to even consider such a thing, and the developers most likely realize this hence their lack of commenting and actually removing a similar thread to this. You also have to realize that madmunki doesn't had anywhere near the legal team Sony has, if any legal team at all. UncleSpun has already made numerous references about simplifying the legal process, it's unlikely that after doing all they can to simplify it they would want to double or even triple it.

Abiatha and Uniquez_SLB like this.
  5. Six

Six ♚Übermensch♚

Even if everyone on this thread who was against it was able to be convinced. What would be next? Convincing every critic who writes a bad review? Every parent who thinks this is inappropriate to have their child on? Every gamer who sees it as just a game for people "who can't get any"? Honestly, I'm indifferent to the sexual content itself, but others won't be.

Abiatha and Uniquez_SLB like this.
  6. Love Enchantress

Love Enchantress My love is forever...

Neotopians

Yeah adding your SSN is dumb. Anything you put online anywhere can be hacked and that should not be necessary for a game network. People already use credit cards, so just use that and I suppose maybe a Drivers License, but have most of the info erased after you are verified as an adult. Such as the actual License number erased (or most of it) and your name erased except initials. That would be acceptable. But SSN? Nope, that's too personal for a game network.

7. Love Enchantress

Neotopians

Sure Vicky, but that doesn't mean using your SSN needs to be done. There are plenty of other ways like what I mentioned.

8. Love Enchantress

Neotopians

That is exactly how I feel about this, wolfen.

I would like to have adult content options with age verification, for private spaces only. But please never public space versions and no strip clubs. Regardless of interpretations of my commentary in the other "adult" thread, i do not want neotopia to become the complete sleaze fest of Second Life. If I wanted that, i wouldn't be here.

9. Love Enchantress

Neotopians

Oo_sKy_bLuE_oO wrote: "I don't think Sony will allow a service with that level of suggestive content to be associated with the Playstation brand. "

They already do allow it, it's called GTAV. Check it out, there's fully nude strippers that dance and rub on people in sexual and suggestive poses. How are they age verifying that? At least if the private space adult stuff happens, then the devs behind neotopia won't make it so easy for children to get in like they do in GTAV. Sony cares about money first, don't forget that.

neotopia will be safer for children than GTAV will ever be, you can bet on that if neotopia allows children.

10. Steven1230

Steven1230 Imaginative

Ehh someone got a hold of my SSN number and stole my identity. So people can do a lot with your SSN and a few other pieces of info that are easy to obtain. Took me few years and talking with the FBI to get it back.

Uniquez_SLB likes this.
  11. Brises

Brises New In Town

And people criticize Secondlife for sexual content. LMAO

Just have general, moderate and adult sims, and require age verification for adult content. Secondlife has already shown everyone how to do this.

Uniquez_SLB and Shadow-Runner like this.
  12. NeoResident

NeoResident Squatter

Of course adult content should be allowed.

I like the proposal of separate servers. If you don't like adult content, don't worry, you will never see it if you don't go there.

Uniquez_SLB likes this.
  13. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

That's the idea. But ya know...that logic escapes a lot of people. LOL

Uniquez_SLB likes this.
  14. iLikeChicken

iLikeChicken New In Town

I'm not going to actually vote because I feel that this poll is oversimplified. If there was a third option (e.g. "Some - please state in a post") then I would probably vote. Even a multiselection box poll with all the things you listed would have been better (do they have that as an option?).

I don't understand why tattoos are grouped with the rest of the things on this list, or why you should have to lose them after leaving the particular server.

The verification methods you provided feel far too complicated, and if they were introduced I imagine Neotopia would have to be region locked.

Uniquez_SLB likes this.
  15. Spooky-X-Mulder

Spooky-X-Mulder Squatter

wow i made this exact post on day one of these forums and it got 26 pages of arguing like idiots LOL so they closed it and now here we are again. Man you people just dont learn lol

Uniquez_SLB likes this.
  16. Arwen

Arwen Resident

Why would anyone want virtual sexual content, there's a real world out there.
    Personally l wouldn't want it for Neotopia.
    Never been able to quite get my head around why people do it, but whatever floats your boat as the saying goes.;)

Tara(dx), Uniquez_SLB and tallsloguy like this.
  17. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

Sorry for what happened to your thread, Spooky. But I do recall you asking for an Admin to lock it. IDK why you got 26 pages of arguing. It is a controversial subject and a divisive one at that. As you can see...even in MY thread, we have a split between people who are in favor of this material...and those who arent. People are gonna voice their opinions and thoughts. Not everyone is gonna agree. It might even snowball into a debate. People might get a bit snappy, when trying to make their points or discredit someone elses. It's just how it goes. The POLL in my thread was more important to me than the comment section. I was more interested in the numbers aspect of the issue. Just to see where people would fall in a REAL vote. Surprisingly, regardless of the sentiments....according to the POLL...more people seem to be in favor of this material, than those who arent.

I think that speaks for itself...

Uniquez_SLB likes this.
  18. Shadow-Runner

Shadow-Runner Squatter

The point of my POLL was to keep it as straight up and simple as possible. I wasnt interested in breaking it down beyond a yes or a no.

The tattoo's would've been something you could keep, upon leaving the adult server. I was talking more specifically about the process involved in GETTING the tattoo. Like a more detailed version of GTAV's walk-in style tattoo parlor shops. Needle to skin scenes. Etc...

Uniquez_SLB likes this.
  19. crimsoncadavre

crimsoncadavre undead ecstasy

Here's my opinion. I like the idea of the bars and fighting And guns, idrc on gore. But you have to keep in mind, this will be commercially released on ps4 if they added all that super erotic stuff then I guarantee we'll get an A rating effectively screwing any chance of the game coming to fruition. Gaming goes through hell just for gta. Nobody will allow or publish an A game. As for age restriction, its not a games job to restrict kids, it's their parents. That's why I dislike this idea of restriction. I'd like to quote the fact that online interactions aren't rated by the esrb
    so just rp it if your that determined.

Uniquez_SLB likes this.
  20. Uniquez_SLB

Uniquez_SLB Gangsta

wow topic bout Adult Themes and Content :D
    this is crazy

JasonReso likes this.