1. Hello Guest at some point these forums will be shutting down so please make sure to save anything you'd like to keep. You can reach us in the new Spunland Discord Right Here

Adult rated sections for 18+ Neotopians

Discussion in 'Moderation & Restrictions' started by Ransom_Stark, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Ransom_Stark

Ransom_Stark New In Town

Okay let's be real here.
    Us adult's / Avid Home users are the one's who spend money regularly.
    I would like to see some type of Adult regulated spots on Neotopia for us.
    Something that will keep out Minors and misc with some type of verification check.
    We are supposed to be moving to become bigger & better then what home is correct??
    Bar's, Strip clubs, Dance clubs, & misc, Something different then all the bubblegum pop crap
    that we were used to on PS Home. I would like to think outside the box, and hope we can see something like this & more.

Brazilian_Goddess likes this.
  2. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

Yea we definitely will need an adult section where no kids are allowed but also not as far as a strip club scene. IF they do make that, maybe they can give rewards to the strippers. lmao :)

3. Ransom_Stark

Ransom_Stark New In Town

X rated adult stores, the possibility for anything 18+ can be endless, but regardless of what, We deff need to see some highly maintained 18+ sections.

MissSeven likes this.
  4. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

Yea I hope they consider a way to separate children and adults in some way. :)

5. Ransom_Stark

Ransom_Stark New In Town

If so, That would be a HUGE +
    And not like a failed attempt like PS Home had with buying PS + to get into one place "X7" in which they thought would
    exclude minors from adults, lol what a joke.

6. XxguthiX

XxguthiX Citizen

7. MissSeven

MissSeven Squatter

Thanks ! I didn't realize, will look now :)

8. May2099

May2099 New In Town

Crass and lewd content for any adult only public space doesn't interest me! I've experienced the stalking pervy behavior of the opposite sex online. Bars and men's clubs are NOT something I want to see on a gaming network society. If you need to get some hook up with the opposite sex on a virtual platform ... Laughs. =P

This harkens back to how folks abused, and I mean ABUSED, the Community Event Calendar board in the Hub.

So many OTHER ways to get your freak on.

Consider asking for a clubhouse with a bar atmosphere perhaps.

9. sorrow-US

sorrow-US New In Town

best idea to kill neotopia in the egg imo, don't FORGET where neotopia will be released! PS4!
    you have tons of "adult" social MMO on PC platforms.......

10. Mark-T120

Mark-T120 New In Town

i wondered whether a kind of 2 tier system might work.

a free, entry level part, a few public spaces etc,

and then a second level, for the serious users, requiring a modest fee, payable by credit/ debit card.

this could give access to the main part of the platform, public spaces,items, etc.

hopefully, paying to access by credit card would filter out most of the "undesirables" :)

obviously not foolproof, but it's a start.

11. Clarky

Clarky Squatter

Let's just forget this whole idea.. What's stopping children from saying they're 18+ and going into these areas? If you want an adult virtual world (which will narrow the target audience) there are other places for you to go to, such as Second Life!

12. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

Was already suggested, and I think this is a bad idea that neotopia should never add

13. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

You can just not go to it if don't agree with it Ii. It wouldnt be all areas just some areas. Wouldn't narrow the audience would still have non mature and adult areas. Would get more people to want to use neotopia that wanted an adult area and mature area for home there for sure was demand for it

XxguthiX likes this.
  14. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Second life has non mature and non adult space too it not just all adult relative They need to add there SSN and There CC info and all it must match the information you have given. If your kid know your SSN and CC number what kinda parent are you and when see an 1.50 charge for age vefintion and do nothing

15. NeoHelper

NeoHelper Neotopia Guru

But it kind of sounds like the game is going toward sexual, and other wrong things.
    Next someone is going to ask them to add a "Sex" interaction....?
    How far would you want the 18+ thing to go?

16. VickyYoshikawa

VickyYoshikawa Plebian

Only in the areas it was ok to do so. Wouldn't be just for sexual reasons, You could curse and talk about more sexuality stuff without the fear of getting banned and to talk to other verify adults about hobbies and such would be fun and to know there not just kids lieing about there age. Second life already has what you mention and the 18+ can go as far as imagination will let you

17. Ransom_Stark

Ransom_Stark New In Town

Regardless if it was talked about or not, Or if you like the idea or not, You will always have a basis of fan's / users who don't always wanna be in a populated area in hope that you may find another well minded adult to talk to. I am sure there are ways to help keep kid's out of certain areas built for adults. Sorry If I didn't see that this was already talked about since I registered in the early am before I got some rest, and didn't see all of the topics that were made, I just feel like we can do better on a console for mature users, Then have to resort to Second Life on the PC or whatever else. Did we forget that there have been games released that contain adult related content, For example BMX XXX for the PS 2 that contained nude videos of strippers from Score's after completing certain goals, Here's a list of other games as well for example The Godfather II, Dante's Inferno, Saint's Row the Third, Duke Nukem Forever, Heavy Rain, Tomb Raider "Nude Mode", The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim Nude Mode, God Of War: Chains of Olympus,
    Metro Last Light, And let's not forget Farcry 3, They all contained nudity and adult related content. We need to get over the norm of any type of adult related content not being welcomed, Especially as a new community. And if you don't like it, Don't go to it, Simple as that. Just another one of my opinions, Just like you all have your own.

18. Strong Lover

Strong Lover Plebian

I think it's funny when people like to show off in public areas doing sexual things with naked avatars (Funny, as in that is a pathetic display for attention). It gets old fast and shows little maturity level above a baboon. As far as people actually doing more than that? I would think it would have to be in a personal private space. As May2099 mentioned earlier, an age tag next to your ID of "18+" may be a really good idea on top of not allowing "18+" avatars to get naked with underage avatars in private spaces. Thus, the "18+" adult option with verification of a Credit Card and Gov issued ID through this site, instead of Sony. Sony would probably mess it up and make it an expensive process. If you want Neotopia to be successful, you have to think about costs and generation of revenue at every step, including how stuff is done, not just what is done.

19. Strong Lover

Strong Lover Plebian

X7 wasn't an adult club. Fact is that a Playstation plus membership means absolutely nothing in regards to age of the person using it. you can buy $50 PS Plus codes with cash. PS Plus proves nothing, except the desire to have PS Plus. X7 was about generating money, not age verification.

Love Enchantress likes this.
  20. xDaMoOnMaNx

xDaMoOnMaNx Mayor Moon

This would be a great idea if it wasnt going to be so erotic. O_O_O_O_O *strip clubs* lololl

[​IMG]

XxguthiX likes this.